Mozilla does not re-install

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Dork

Mozilla does not re-install

Post by Dork »

Greetings!

Win98se + Mozilla 1.5 on a good working AMD machine.

I had Mozilla 1.5 installed. Suddenly it did not longer open, but
displayed a error in a xul-page.

I re-installed and now Mozilla does not start at all.

I uninstalled it, cleaned all references to "Mozilla" in the registry
and re-installed.

It still does not start. Browser nor mail/news. No error messages are
displayed, nothing.

Does anybody have a clue? Please help, I don't want to revert M$
stuff.

Thanks

No
jcronkhite

Post by jcronkhite »

I have a similar problem. Here's the breakdown:

Running Windows XP Pro on a DELL (PIII). On this particular system I had to use MS Recovery Console to restore the registry (this was not Mozilla's fault, but that of another application). In any case, I was able to get back in to Windows and re-install all applications successfully with the exception of Mozilla.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times. I've deleted all Mozilla folders for all usersunder Documents and Settings where Mozilla had created for profiles (thinking this may be screwing up the install). No go.

Any suggesstions? This is going to be on an image for a library on about 70 systems and there is a deadline, so time is of the essence.

Post by Guest »

die2kill wrote:Running Windows XP Pro on a DELL (PIII). On this particular system I had to use MS Recovery Console to restore the registry (this was not Mozilla's fault, but that of another application). In any case, I was able to get back in to Windows and re-install all applications successfully with the exception of Mozilla.

I've uninstalled/reinstalled multiple times. I've deleted all Mozilla folders for all usersunder Documents and Settings where Mozilla had created for profiles (thinking this may be screwing up the install).

There are three locations, where Mozilla installs: Profile, GRE, and Program.
Search for all folders named mozilla.org, one should hold Profiles, another GRE, and the last one Mozilla.
Maybe the folder is hidden?
Do a search for xpcom.dll to find it. ( not the one in the OpenOffice directory).

herman
Dork

Thanks Herman!!!

Post by Dork »

Your tip did it!

:banana: Dork