Mail not being deleted from server

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
JohnReb

Mail not being deleted from server

Post by JohnReb »

I use Mozilla mail as my default mail program to manage my work mail account. The central server is an IMAP MS Exchange server. On preferences for Mozilla I have selected that I want the program to:

Clean up Inbox on exit
Empty trash on exit
Remove messages immediately when deleted.

I also have junk mail filtering and a large number of message rules to trash the spam that piles up.

As long as I use Mozilla everything looks great. Occassionally I need to use a Microsoft product - especially Web based exchange while travelling. When I use these programs I see that the mail that I thought was gone from the server is actually STILL there (deleted, but not purged), and the junk folder is empty with all the junk still in the inbox. This is especially annying while travelling, since the Web based exchange only shows 10 messages at a time, and I then have to delete a bunch of junk before I get to my legitimate mail. My idea was to have Mozilla mail running on my desktop all the time to sort junk into the junk folder or delete it, so I would not have to deal with it on trips. This does not seem to actually work.

Is there a setting that I have missed?

(Using Mozilla 1.5 on both Win2k and WinXP systems).
JohnReb

Post by JohnReb »

Beuller.... Beuller..... Beuller?

(Bump)