No "Copy Image Location" in context menu

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Crash2100

No "Copy Image Location" in context menu

Post by Crash2100 »

I recently switched from Mozilla to SeaMonkey, and ever since I've been using SeaMonkey, I don't get the option to "Copy Image Location" when I right-click a picture. It gives me options to "View Image" and "Copy Image", but not "Copy Image Location". Is there any way I can get this back?

I found some mentions of possibly doing this by editing the UserChrome.css file, but what code do I need to add to this copyimage line?

/* Copy Image Location */
#context-copyimage {

}
Andy Boze

Post by Andy Boze »

This isn't an answer to your question, but a feature you might use as a work-around until you find an answer is to use View | Page Info, or Ctrl-I. I find it extremely useful. It shows you all the elements of a page, their URLs, and just about anything else you'd want to know. You can copy the URL for the image from there.
But then again, I may be wrong.
Seamonkeyfan

Post by Seamonkeyfan »

Andy Boze wrote:This isn't an answer to your question, but a feature you might use as a work-around until you find an answer is to use View | Page Info, or Ctrl-I. I find it extremely useful. It shows you all the elements of a page, their URLs, and just about anything else you'd want to know. You can copy the URL for the image from there.

A better work-around if you only want to copy the image URL, is to choose "view image". When you do that, you get the image alone on the screen and the url to it in the address bar.
BenoitRen

Post by BenoitRen »

Between Mozilla 1.7 and SeaMonkey that option was changed to "Copy Image". It copies the URL and the image data to the clipboard. Depending on what context you paste it in, either the URL or the image will appear. In other words, it received some added functionality. :)
therube

Post by therube »

Thanks, I never knew that.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
Crash2100

Post by Crash2100 »

I didn't realize that, but my problem is that I usually paste those image links into e-mails. And when I do a "Copy Image", it pastes the image and not the URL, is there any way to get it to paste the URL?
Crash2100

Post by Crash2100 »

I think I may have just figured this out myself, if I do a "Paste without formatting" in an e-mail, it pastes the URL and not the image.

One thing tough, I'm lazy, is there any way I could manually assign a shortcut key to the "Paste without formatting" command?
Zoolcar9

Post by Zoolcar9 »

You can use keyconfig extension.
keyconfig discussion here.

My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
Crash2100

Post by Crash2100 »

That keyconfig program is really neat.

I had some problems with it in one of my profiles, but after deleting the contents of my Chrome directory and re-installing my add-ons, it worked great.

Just in case anyone else wants to do this, here's what I setup in keyconfig:

1. Add a new key
2. Call it "Paste without formatting"
3. Check the option to make it "Global"
4. Put this command in the textbox at the bottom:
goDoCommand('cmd_pasteNoFormatting');
5. Then just say ok, assign it a keystroke, and that's it.