mail - Start writing a reply BEFORE the body text

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
aitorsm

mail - Start writing a reply BEFORE the body text

Post by aitorsm »

Hi,

I am completely unable to find the old feature of letting me choose to start the message reply BEFORE the body text (and not AFTER, as it seems to be the default). This feature exists in 1.4, but I am unable to find this in 1.5, where did it go?
Hopefully you don't tell me this has been discontinued, because I would in this case downgrade to 1.4, this is such an ANNOYING feature for me, and after all, MozillaMail is the application I use most in the whole pack...

Thanks in advance for any tip.

Aitor
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

I do not have 1.5 ready but in the current 1.6 nightlies you have to do this in the mail/news preferences, not the general ones. In the mail/news windows go to edit->mail/news account settings->(account name)-composition&addressing.
So now you can set this for each account differently.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
danielwang

Post by danielwang »

Yes, most mail composition preferences have been moved from Preferences to Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings.

bottom reply+edited quote rules!!!
mozilla.org is an volunteer-driven community. Its success depends on help from users like you. Please consider contributing to the good cause. -- danielwang@mozillanews.org

Post by Guest »

Good!
Thanks...