Corrupt downloaded attachments (Moz 1.5 )

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Glen Davidson

Corrupt downloaded attachments (Moz 1.5 )

Post by Glen Davidson »

Hi there,

I'm a long-time user of Mozilla browser but with return-receipts being available I was keen to use the Mozilla email as well. Unfortunately downloaded email attachments are being corrupted.
I have tried pdf, word and zip files - all of which are corrupt. The corruption results in the files being increased slightly in size (273,818 to 274,110 - file size _not_ disk size).
It can't be a major corruption because the PDF could still be loaded, the text was messed up in places though. A multipart zip could occasionally be opened, but the contents were usually corrupt. The word file was unable to be opened.
I have confirmed this happens on mail sent from a Hotmail Account, Mozilla 1.5 and Outlook Express 6.

Is this a known bug - I'm very surprised to find this and couldn't see anything recent on forums or web.

I am running Windows 2000, Service Pack 4. Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007. Windows is actually a Japanese version, but setting default encoding to Western did not help.

I would be very grateful for help on this,

Very best regards,

Glen Davidson
UK