Screen Shakes

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite

Screen Shakes

Post by Guest »

Okay, here's what happens. I'm using Mozilla 1.5 and Win2k.
When I start Mozilla, the area below the address bar and above the status bar (so, the "page") shakes up and down. This hasn't happened to me before with Mozilla 1.5. Sometimes it will stop on its own. If I open a new tab, and it shakes, then all the other tabs will, as well.
The only thing I've noticed is if I open a new Mozilla window, then press enter with nothing in the address bar, it stops shaking. However, sometimes the screen starts shaking when it wasn't before, so I don't know.
This is an odd problem, because it just started happening and I've been using Mozilla for quite a while.
Dunderklumpen

Post by Dunderklumpen »

Are you using another theme than the default one in Mozilla?
Are you using a themehandler in Windows?

Tried changing those themes?

Post by Guest »

I'm using the default "modern" theme and no themehandler for windows. I tried changing to the "classic" theme, but didn't make a difference.
herman

Post by herman »

Anonymous wrote:I'm using the default "modern" theme and no themehandler for windows. I tried changing to the "classic" theme, but didn't make a difference.

I suppose you´ve got an empty Personal Toolbar. Drag a bookmark into it, or hide it using the menu View->Show/Hide->Personal Toolbar.
In bookmarks manager (Bookmarks->Manage Bookmarks) you can set any folder to be your Personal Toolbar folder. Just select it, and use View->Set As Personal Toolbar Folder.

herman

Post by Guest »

Yes, that seems to have fixed it. Thanks for your help.