mozilla wont run past splash screen

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite

Post by Guest »

how do i import all my files and bookmarks?

Post by Guest »

what do i do with the google bar...it doesnt work..there is no 'go' button and how do i get my mail?
Nickole

Post by Nickole »

I installed the mozilla and I am using windows 98 but it doesnt do anything... the icon is there but it wont come up with the navigator. can someone help me?

Post by Guest »

The Knowledge Base (link >>> in box) has some information you would probably find helpful.
In particular, Nickole, look at <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Browser_will_not_start_up">this.</a> Some general info <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/index.phtml?title=Mozilla_Suite_:_Issues">here</a> that may be helpful.
jmoney30

same problem

Post by jmoney30 »

I have the same problem, but not every time I open Mozilla maybe only 25% of the time. I also have to right mouse click and select open in new tab every time I click a link because for some reason tabs dont automatically open like they used to in the past.
I started having this problem after installing some new themes.
I deleted the chrome.rdf file.........that sholution didnt work.
I uninstalled mozilla and deleted the mozilla.org folder...........the solution didnt work.
I dont have any GRE file or folder in the the common files folder so I cant find what to delete.

What else can I do?
rwj50

Post by rwj50 »

i may be in the wrong spot for this but...how can i import bookmarks from Mozilla to Firefox
diamondlea

Post by diamondlea »

I have the same problem as those at the beginning of this thread where when click on the browser I would just get the splash screen with the mozillan icon and then it disappears. After clicking the icon several times duing which time, it asks you to file and send off the problem to mozilla. After quite a few clicks it will then finally open.

I want to give the instructions a go but not sure how to do the following:
1) Export my Registry - export what to where
2) Clearout any references to Mozilla in the Registry - how

Could someone give me step by step on how to do the above 2. I'm not computer savvy but not exactly stupid either. I can follow good instructions.

Thank you
therube

Post by therube »

Ordinarily you should never need to go into the (Windows) registry (if that is what you speak of).
Run the Profile Manager, create a new Profile, & see if you still have problems.
Start | Programs | Mozilla | Profile Manager
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
diamondlea

Post by diamondlea »

Tried changing my profile but the problem is still there unfortunately. So can anyone tell me how to do this:

1) Export my Registry - export what to where
2) Clearout any references to Mozilla in the Registry - how

Thanks