Importing Email stuff from Mozilla to Mozilla

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
VernonNemitz

Importing Email stuff from Mozilla to Mozilla

Post by VernonNemitz »

I understand this is generally done automatically when the software is updated. Simply
use "Add/Remove Programs" to uninstall Mozilla, but don't let it erase the directory.
then specify that directory for the new install, and it very nicely imports all the old data.

HOWEVER.
We installed a new hard drive and new operating system, and installed latest Mozilla to that.
This was done while the old hard drive was disconnected from the system. Afterward, we
connected it.

The system sees the old hard drive and all the files associated with the old operating system,
but since Mozilla was put in "new" it had no way of knowing where the old data was put.
I would like to import it. Old saved emails, address book information, that sort of stuff.
I see that the "import" options for Mozilla do not include importing from Mozilla!

What do I do?

Thanks!
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Mozilla Suite or Thunderbird?
VernonNemitz

Post by VernonNemitz »

I was talking about the Mozilla suite. As long as they keep patching it to fix bugs and security holes, I will consider it "latest" enough.
I forgot to say I'd also like to import the old Bookmarks list, as well as email addresses and stuff.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Then I'll move this over to the proper forum. You'll get quicker help there. I just needed to know which program so I could move you to the right one. ;-)

Moving to Seamonkey/Mozilla Suite Support
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

See this knowledgebase entry for help in moving your mail/bookmarks etc to your new hard disk.
VernonNemitz

Post by VernonNemitz »

Thank you!