Mozilla web browser access denied

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
timsimmonds

Mozilla web browser access denied

Post by timsimmonds »

I am new to this can can anybody help me with the following problem. I am trying to get onto the web using the Mozilla Web Browser but all i get is the following message

Forbidden
You were denied access because:

Access denied by access control list.

Can you tell me what is the access control list is?
Where do I find it?
how do I fix it?
I used to be able to get onto the web using it but now I can't why?
I have to use Konqueror at the moment

Tim Simmonds
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Which Mozilla Web Browser? What version? (Look under Help->About...)

Is your access by dial-up or cable?
See this link -- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316699

Post by Guest »

DanRaisch wrote:Which Mozilla Web Browser? What version? (Look under Help->About...)

Is your access by dial-up or cable?
See this link -- http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316699

I hope this helps
Mozilla 1.7.13
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.7.13) Gecko/20060620 Debian/1.7.13-0.2
debian
Mozilla Debian Package 1.7.13-0.2
Local start page for Debian package.

* Copyright © 1998-2005 by Contributors to the Mozilla codebase under the Mozilla Public License and Netscape Public License. All Rights Reserved.
* Portions of this software are copyright © 1994 The Regents of the University of California. All Rights Reserved.
* Portions of this software are copyright © 2000-2002 Japan Network Information Center. All Rights Reserved.
* This software may contain portions that are copyright © 1998-2002 SupportSoft, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

U.S. GOVERNMENT END USERS. The Software is a "commercial item," as that term is defined in 48 C.F.R. 2.101 (Oct. 1995), consisting of "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation," as such terms are used in 48 C.F.R. 12.212 (Sept. 1995). Consistent with 48 C.F.R. 12.212 and 48 C.F.R. 227.7202-1 through 227.7202-4 (June 1995), all U.S. Government End Users acquire the Software with only those rights set forth herein.

I am using adsl broadband to connect to the internet
Tim Simmonds
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Moving to SeaMonkey Support.
KLYFER

DOUBT

Post by KLYFER »

sorry i dont understand this....
can u expalin me the steps by steps in simple english. i am also having problwm with firefox, it says
Forbidden
You were denied access because:

Access denied by access control list.

but i did browse using firefox before.

and strangely, the firefox shows that message above but i can still browse using internet explorer. by the way i am using firefox 2.0.0.2

thank you in advance
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

KLYFER, Please start your own topic in the correct forum. This is the SeaMonkey forum which is the program than timsimmonds is using. You need the Firefox Support forum.