Mozilla 1.7.12 hacks Outlook Express

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
ecotao

Mozilla 1.7.12 hacks Outlook Express

Post by ecotao »

Hi:

My email online suddenly started disappearing. I use(d) Outlook Express and Mozilla 1.7.12. My Outlook Express has a bug preventing it downloading email from a specific email server and nobody was able to fix this. I had to rerout this mail through a server that worked (FastMail) with Outlook Express. People were asking if I got their mail and I said no. I had to get them to send email to an alternate Yahoo address. Then I noticed this new email thing on the bottom right of my screen telling me I had mail. I clicked this and Mozilla Mail opened with all my missing email. It had intelligently completlely hijacked my Outlook Express smtp, user names and passwords! It was then automatically downloading my emails. Additionally in tools-"password manager" was all the information from my mail accounts, including the passwords.

Anybody got any idea as to what I did to cause this to happen? I am now using Mozilla Mail, as as I said the Outlook had a bug and could not retrieve mail from my main email server.

For anybody who has lost or forgotten their password, this can be used to retrieve all the forgotten info. Useful.
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

When you installed it you had it import everything. It would not have done it without you telling it to.

Moving to SeaMonkey Support.