Facebook Issues In Seamonkey

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
beoenduser

Re: Facebook Issues In Seamonkey

Post by beoenduser »

Yes, I edited the prefbar's UA switcher to read that it is FF 2.0.0.17. But you can also do that in the about:config if you wish.
jkessler

Post by jkessler »

beoenduser wrote:Yes, I edited the prefbar's UA switcher to read that it is FF 2.0.0.17. But you can also do that in the about:config if you wish.

So how do you edit prefbar's UA switcher options?
beoenduser

Post by beoenduser »

You've got Prefbar, right? You've got User Agent selected to show up on the bar? Well you go into "Customize" then select "User Agent" then "Edit Item". At the bottom of that new window, you type in the title of the User Agent (FF2.0 or you can type, FireFox 2.0.0.17 or whatever), then to the right of that, you paste in the string (this is the Windows one): Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.6) Gecko/20070802 Firefox/2.0.0.17

Have fun! :D
jkessler

Post by jkessler »

Nice, thanks.
poppy10

Post by poppy10 »

jkessler wrote:
2) Running SeaMonkey with no UA adjustments - Facebook misbehaves as previously described, and also tells you that you should upgrade your browser. The text of this message notes specifically that you are using an "older version of Firefox", which is odd since you are actually using a current version of SeaMonkey.

3) Running SeaMonkey with the about:config line added declaring that you are actually running Firefox 2 - Facebook behaves normally.

I get the same, but don't quite understand this - I thought seamonkey and firefox 2 used the same version of the rendering engine, so why should these two cases be different?
beoenduser

Post by beoenduser »

@poppy10
I agree but blame it on the writers of the browser sniffer. They just don't code them right and/or they have no idea what SeaMonkey is.
Gew

Post by Gew »

Just bumped into my first Facebook issue w/ Seamonkey. I can't target my own Wall. It just doesn't want to put the cursor in place to write. When I click there once, and then start typing, it starts marking correspondant parts ie. the "d" in "Video" when I press the letter d. Odd.
The.Purple.Hippo

Post by The.Purple.Hippo »

have you tried to modify your user agent?
poppy10

Post by poppy10 »

Gew wrote:Just bumped into my first Facebook issue w/ Seamonkey. I can't target my own Wall. It just doesn't want to put the cursor in place to write. When I click there once, and then start typing, it starts marking correspondant parts ie. the "d" in "Video" when I press the letter d. Odd.

Getting this too, for the last few weeks
Psychonaut

Post by Psychonaut »

Gew wrote:Just bumped into my first Facebook issue w/ Seamonkey. I can't target my own Wall. It just doesn't want to put the cursor in place to write. When I click there once, and then start typing, it starts marking correspondant parts ie. the "d" in "Video" when I press the letter d. Odd.
This has been reported as Bug 519995.

Post by Guest »

Using Adblock to block that server (http://b.static.ak.fbcdn/*), it will solve the problem of blank page. But then you will not see the status bar (the one at the bottom containing notification and chat) of your facebook page
Khanglee

Post by Khanglee »

jkessler wrote:I can confirm this problem on SeaMonkey v1.1.14 (WinXP).

I was using SeaMonkey v1.1.12, and Facebook behaved normally. But I just upgraded to v1.1.14, and now I'm getting the same two symptoms described above.

I have NoScript 1.9.0.4 installed, but have set it to allow Facebook (and it is indicating that it isn't blocking anything).

I also have Adblock Plus 1.0.1 (subscribed to EasyList) installed, but tried disabling it for http://www.facebook.com, which had no effect.

Jeremy
jkessler

Post by jkessler »

Khanglee -

I'm not sure why you quoted that post of mine, but keep in mind that it is rather old.

In case you are having trouble using SeaMonkey to access Facebook, here are my current settings, which are working just fine:
- I am running SeaMonkey v2.0.14, and have the current versions of both Adblock Plus (subscribed to EasyList) and NoScript installed.
- I have edited about:config to add the string "general.useragent.extra.seamonkey2", which I have set to "Firefox/3.6".
Uncle Spellbinder

Post by Uncle Spellbinder »

As a side note, considering this thread seems to be about the current available release, Seamonkey 2.1 works perfectly with Facebook out of the box. Though I do have Adblock Plus (subscribed to EasyList).
My Firefox Add-Ons Collection: Firefox Essentials
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

yep, to old to be of any use. Locking.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."