Alert Msg: 45 (1032) That Mail is not currently available.

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
dgellman

Re: Alert Msg: 45 (1032) That Mail is not currently available.

Post by dgellman »

Anonymous wrote:I just cleaned out my inbox via the web interface: mail.aim.com. I put the messages I wanted to keep into another folder and then deleted everything from my inbox from the web interface. Synced the account and then moved the messages back into the inbox. No more errors.
I assume that you mean to copy the messages in my Inbox to a dummy folder, then delete the contents of the Inbox. However, what, exactly, do you mean by 'syncing' the account?
dgellman

Post by dgellman »

Anonymous wrote:I just cleaned out my inbox via the web interface: mail.aim.com. I put the messages I wanted to keep into another folder and then deleted everything from my inbox from the web interface. Synced the account and then moved the messages back into the inbox. No more errors.
OK...I FINALLY cleared this up - it only took three months!! I uninstalled and reinstalled Tbird; deleted the Inbox.msf; reset everything I could think of - but to no avail! Biosavvy had the best clue: I moved ALL of my Inbox messages to a temporary one (I called it TempBox; It had to be done in chunks - several hundred at a time). Then I tried to delete the empty Inbox, but that didn't work. However, I signed in to AIM Mail (I guess that is what Biosavvy was referring to as the web 'interface'), and 'lo' and behold', all that was in the Inbox was an eMail I had deleted months ago ["THAT" Mail is Not Currently Available]! NOW, I was able to delete it, and it APPEARS that my problem is solved - though I will knock (or 'touch' for you Brits!!) on wood for a few days, just in case! BTW, I have successfully moved all of my messages BACK to the Inbox and deleted the now-empty 'TempBox'
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

dgellman,
Stop crossposting this to every topic that's similar. You aren't even using SeaMonkey (the program discussed in this forum). Crossposting and topic hijacking are against forum rules.
dgellman

Post by dgellman »

Daifne wrote:dgellman,
Stop crossposting this to every topic that's similar. You aren't even using SeaMonkey (the program discussed in this forum). Crossposting and topic hijacking are against forum rules.
Sorry for my error - I didn't realize I was 'cross-posting'...I was so frustrated by the problem for so long that I didn't notice!! I found this forum by a Google search of the topic...BTW, I am willing to bet that my solution (for Thunderbird) is VERY close (if not exact) to the solution for SeaMonkey!!
idunnowhattocallme

Post by idunnowhattocallme »

Worked for me too! Thank you very much. Didn't have to reinstall or reset TB though.
HyTekCat

Post by HyTekCat »

I have deleted my entire user profile, and started over. Still have the error. I have COMPLETELY removed Thunderbird from my Mac and installed version 3 (I prefer version 2). Still have the error. I can't get rid of it no matter what. Seems like an AOL error to me. Completely new profile, new installation... Also deleted all the messages I received today when the error started. Error continues in all AOL mailboxes. Haven't checked PC yet. Always the same error numbers 239 (1032). Hmmm...
HyTekCat

Post by HyTekCat »

Got it... dgellman's suggestion worked.. I also got frustrated and missed the answer. Once I logged in to AOL mail and deleted stuff, it worked fine. Sorry for the crosspost - again.
schnux

Re: Alert Msg: 45 (1032) That Mail is not currently availabl

Post by schnux »

Hy folks,

for somebody who ever has this problem, it is NOT required to delete all your mails,inbox, or reinstall your mail program or reconfigure it.
It's just an Index Problem of the mailserver. Mails have been deleted but are still in the IMAP-Index.
Everytime you get an error message, the email number is mentioned:

45 (1032) That Mail is not currently available.

means: mail nr. 45 is not existing, but in the index.

Solution: Repeat the following (with every mail-number) until no messages appear anymore (best with linux):
(maybe your imap server is different)

$ telnet imap.de.aol.com 143
* OK IMAP4 ready
01 LOGIN <your-username> <your-password>
02 STORE <mail-number> FLAGS \DELETED
03 EXPUNGE

->retry receiving your mails with your Mail user agent

Greets :-)
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Note that the solution above transmits your user name and password in clear text over the line as encryption isn't used, thus anybody eavesdropping on it (e.g., on an open wireless connection) can grab that information.

There have also been reports that the AOL web interface still shows those messages, thus you can use the number as an index to the entry in the web interface and remove it there (Disclaimer: not an AOL customer myself, just echoing what others wrote).
floydfan88

Post by floydfan88 »

how do i get to a window to do that??
schnux wrote:Hy folks,

for somebody who ever has this problem, it is NOT required to delete all your mails,inbox, or reinstall your mail program or reconfigure it.
It's just an Index Problem of the mailserver. Mails have been deleted but are still in the IMAP-Index.
Everytime you get an error message, the email number is mentioned:

45 (1032) That Mail is not currently available.

means: mail nr. 45 is not existing, but in the index.

Solution: Repeat the following (with every mail-number) until no messages appear anymore (best with linux):
(maybe your imap server is different)

$ telnet imap.de.aol.com 143
* OK IMAP4 ready
01 LOGIN <your-username> <your-password>
02 STORE <mail-number> FLAGS \DELETED
03 EXPUNGE

->retry receiving your mails with your Mail user agent

Greets :-)
therube

Post by therube »

Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Windows XP: Start > Run, enter cmd, hit [Enter] and then you should get a new window with a prompt. Please see my warning above though, the method sends your username and password visible for anybody eavesdropping on the line.
awrcbel

Post by awrcbel »

dgellman wrote:
OK...I FINALLY cleared this up - it only took three months!! I uninstalled and reinstalled Tbird; deleted the Inbox.msf; reset everything I could think of - but to no avail! Biosavvy had the best clue: I moved ALL of my Inbox messages to a temporary one (I called it TempBox; It had to be done in chunks - several hundred at a time). Then I tried to delete the empty Inbox, but that didn't work. However, I signed in to AIM Mail (I guess that is what Biosavvy was referring to as the web 'interface'), and 'lo' and behold', all that was in the Inbox was an eMail I had deleted months ago ["THAT" Mail is Not Currently Available]! NOW, I was able to delete it, and it APPEARS that my problem is solved - though I will knock (or 'touch' for you Brits!!) on wood for a few days, just in case! BTW, I have successfully moved all of my messages BACK to the Inbox and deleted the now-empty 'TempBox'

It worked for me just moving all inbox to temp folder and deleting resting mail in aim.com web mail.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Locking due to old age.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)