Failed to Connect

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Chris T

Re: Failed to Connect

Post by Chris T »

ffloses-iewins wrote:this problem is all over but no one will give a damn solution to it! if mozilla can't be bothered then i can't be bothered to use it!

How many posts do you see in this thread? I'd call that giving a damn. And it's for a problem that's not even the fault of Mozilla. Read the previous post. It was malware.
—William Edward Goat XIV
Daifne

Post by Daifne »

Besides that, SeaMonkey is not a Mozilla program...

Post by Guest »

Remove \Windows\System32\ VSDATANT.sys
Remove the vsmon.exe as well

You'll need to be in safemode to do this.
gaaaaah

Post by gaaaaah »

Can someone help me? My problem is the same except my previous spyware/ anti virus programs were mcafee and Norton...I did what you did, but it still won't let me get into Firefox nor Opera...

Post by Guest »

In my case the problem is traced to an old copy of norton antivirus/firewall which I have already uninstalled.

I went to the symantec website and downloaded a free copy of the "norton removal tool". After running the tool, the problem is solved. Not only will Firefox connect, Google Chrome (which experienced the same problem) also ran.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Fred Lam, Vancouver, B.C.
bluh

Post by bluh »

Anonymous wrote:In my case the problem is traced to an old copy of norton antivirus/firewall which I have already uninstalled.

I went to the symantec website and downloaded a free copy of the "norton removal tool". After running the tool, the problem is solved. Not only will Firefox connect, Google Chrome (which experienced the same problem) also ran.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Fred Lam, Vancouver, B.C.
yep. im pretty sure thats the problem for me too.
i installed the tool but it keeps saying its expired.
i looked on another forum but didnt find any answers.
:(
Arabic Creative

Post by Arabic Creative »

You don't even need to DELETE Zone-Alarm..

Just add firefox and others to the trusted programs and that's it!

You can do that by clicking on "Program Control" in the left column of the program.
Then choose "Programs"..
find "Firefox" and choose "Allow" by clicking the left button of the mouse.
Do it for all the 4
grateful reader

Post by grateful reader »

THANKYOU FRED LAM!!!
I've been having problems with firefox not working for aaaages, and bitefender wouldn't update either, but I just downloaded and ran the Norton Removal Tool (took a while may I add, my computer must have been riddled with old norton files, I only wiped it and re-installed everything a couple of months ago) ad noe both firefox and bitdefender are running fine! I only installed a trial version of Norton for a week or so too, while I was too busy to look for something better, then uninstalled it. Just shows how annoying Norton is!
Surely T

Post by Surely T »

I get this message quite a lot, on different websites, whether I'm running Firefox, IE or Opera. (refreshing the page usually resolves the problem in the short-term) I use Windows and OpenSuse and both give the same problem. Downloads will also stop and will not restart. Wii & DS wi-fi connections stop as well.

So i don't think it's a software issue.

I suspect it can only be either the modem supplied by Virgin Media or the internet connection itself.

Do other Virgin users have the same issues?
markhorneyuk

Post by markhorneyuk »

I've been searching the internet for a solution everywhere, there was so many problems with my firefox, but I'm glad i found this place, all I can say is, after seeing fred lams comment, I tried it and it worked, Symantec anti-virus 2003 that I tried to get rid of was still practually hidding on this machine, Symantec is the bloody virus!!!, you lost my vote symantec!

THANK YOU FRED LAM, YOU ARE MY JESUS, YOU ARE THE RIGHT OF PASSAGE, THANK YOU, YOU ANSWERED WITH THE SOLUTION!

That norton removal tool does work!, now i've have access to my firefox, woohoo, maybe now I can use that Service pack 3 now as that disabled my internet explorer all together.