If anyone is interested in testing highly optimized builds

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
koboltzz

If anyone is interested in testing highly optimized builds

Post by koboltzz »

If anyone is interested in testing highly optimized builds:
Here you will find my own compiled inbound nightlys: https://www.4shared.com/folder/6Xr1qiSF/Firefox_Builds.html
Fully optimized -O2 -Gw -GL -GR- -GS- -favor:INTEL64 -arch:AVX2 (PGO build)
disabled updater, debug, crashreporter, maintenance service

Caution:
ONLY Windows builds x64
ONLY Intel CPU (avx2 flag optimization)

Hints:
Stylo is enabled by default
Date 07.07.2017 (dd.mm.yyyy)
Browser benchmark results in comparision to previous build:
Speedometer broken, Jetstream 205->218(6,3% faster), Motionmark 297->336(13% faster)
Stability: good
Bugs: nothing dramatically wrong
James

Re: The Official 20170708 builds are not yet out

Post by James »

koboltzz wrote:If anyone is interested in testing highly optimized builds:
Here you will find my own compiled inbound nightlys:
People who do third-party builds have a thread about them in Third Party/Unofficial Builds as Firefox Builds and these threads are about the Official builds.
koboltzz

Post by koboltzz »

I know, but as I build from source, there is nothing special to it. Just 'pure' mozilla cutting edge in optimized way.

I even saw some webrender builds posted here some time ago, and now I provide stylo builds.
James

Post by James »

koboltzz wrote:I know,
You know yet you post about those builds anyways. Most people posting in these Builds threads use the Official Nightly channel builds in their Testing and bug reporting. They cannot really do that with unofficial third-party builds.

If you want to post about these builds of yours then do so in http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=42
koboltzz

Post by koboltzz »

James wrote:
koboltzz wrote:I know,
You know yet you post about those builds anyways. Most people posting in these Builds threads use the Official Nightly channel builds in their Testing and bug reporting. They cannot really do that with unofficial third-party builds.

If you want to post about these builds of yours then do so in http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=42
Interesting...., the time 'unofficial' webrender builds were posted you fell asleep?
The bugs you will encounter in my builds are 'official' bugs, since it is build from source and nothing changed to code.

But, since you a moderator, you 'won', no more builds.
smsmith

Re: If anyone is interested in testing highly optimized buil

Post by smsmith »

Split off the "official" nightly build thread from 7/8.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
James

Post by James »

smsmith wrote:Split off the "official" nightly build thread from 7/8.
Alright fine. My point was that if koboltzz wanted to post about his third-party builds it should be done so in Third Party/Unofficial Builds section and not be off-topic in the daily Builds threads.
koboltzz wrote:no more builds.
Your choice on whether to post about your builds or not (in Third Party/Unofficial Builds) as the daily Builds threads in Firefox Builds was not the place.
koboltzz

Post by koboltzz »

No, it was your decision to allow posting custom webrender builds in 'daily build threads' und to not allow my stylo builds.

The reason is simple: The more people these untouched stylo builds will test, the more real bug reports mozilla will get. Same with webrender etc. which will not land in nightly that fast.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What makes you think your builds are somehow superior? The only reason your other Off topic bs didn't get moved is it was somehow missed. We won't make that mistake again
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
koboltzz

Post by koboltzz »

@malliz
What makes you think that I thought they were superior?
I explicitly wrote that I build from source and the only difference is/was that stylo is integrated which was not the case in official nightly last time I posted my builds.
'We won't make that mistake again' You are a serious pseudo moderator huh? Or police? Don't arrest me please.
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

@ koboltzz - You could simply avoid all of that drama and misunderstanding with simply posting this in new thread in proper place which is "Third Party/Unofficial Builds",
as "The Official XXXXXXXX builds are not yet out" are in most cases for "whining" that something don't work in latest official pre-alpha daily builds ;)
but if you even would post it as an ad there just for information, it will be probably permitted in that thread (but who knows).
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.
koboltzz

Post by koboltzz »

@Virtual_ManPL
Thank you for the friendly clarification :)
Virtual_ManPL

Post by Virtual_ManPL »

FYI - you can also try disabling 1 environment variable to get some more performance, which is JSGC_DISABLE_POISONING=1,
and it shouldn't hurt anything, because crash reporting is already disabled in your builds.
Virtualfox persona
Tired of constant Firefox UI changes? XUL extensions are not working anymore? Try SeaMonkey, Waterfox Classic, Pale Moon.