[FX] PowerBook: 2005-07-16 [Trunk/OS X] (G4, O3, Altivec)

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
MozJF

Post by MozJF »

I will look at your last while my optimized firefox 1.0 build is under building process ;)
MozJF
James Cridland

Post by James Cridland »

You know the bit that says
--with-macos-sdk=/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.2.8.sdk
in your first message here?

I'm on 10.3.8 (like most users, I guess): is this SDK the very latest?

I don't really know what it means, but...
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

@James Cridland, the 10.2.8 SDK part is afaik needed to run my Firefox builds on Mac OS 10.2.
The latest SDK is 10.3, which is not needed until we build from 10.4... ;)

@MozJF. Enjoy my build!
Seems like your builds are coming alone nicely...
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

02/19
mgdm

Post by mgdm »

Just for information, I took your .mozconfig and built the 1.0.1 branch with it on my 800MHz iBook G4. So far, it all looks fine. I did change it to use the 10.3 SDK though. I'll consider making the build available, if someone wants it, though I can't see me doing it regularly.
MozJF

Post by MozJF »

powerbook: I will wait until about: is fixed to release my own homemade builds... And if I can find a complete artwork like yours (not only icons but also logo), it will be great to use it ;)
MozJF
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

mgdm. Welcome to the MozillaZine forum. :)
Please share your 1.0.1 nightly branch build. I've got a request for it myself, but I will not compile 1.0.1 before it goes final.
So I'm sure there are users wanting to test it.

MozJF. You are correct, about: does not work. But you could use "Firefox > About Mozilla Firefox" instead.
The other about commands (about:config, about:buildconfig, about:plugins etc...) works fine in my 0219 build. about commands.

Hope you find a suitable artwork.

Edit:
02/20 build out.
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

02/21
rdennison

Post by rdennison »

my forefast Fox doesn't show up anymore b/c i upgraded to the 2/20 build. is the same with the 2/21 build. it worked before with an older build (forget which one). is this a known problem with the g4 bulids???
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

02/22

@rdennison. I have no idea.
You need to check it with the official nightly trunk build. Hopefully its not caused by my optimization. [-o<

If its broken, you might need to contact the forecast Fox author and ask him to fix it...
MathieuMa

Post by MathieuMa »

Some issues I got :
- Tab switching don't work (with the new arrow shortcut) - actually I didn't find any shortcut for previous/next tab. Tab switching via Ctrl-cmd-[0-9] works though.
- Mark all as read don't work in sage since ages (bug reported to them, they turned it to FF)
- Sometime Cmd-w don't close a tab, one have to go in the menu or click on the close button in the tab bar
SinceEBCDIC

Post by SinceEBCDIC »

Thank you very, very much for making these available. It's really appreciated.

Build the 18th worked for me, since then I get a couple of bounces and bupkis.

Before I flail about I was hoping to have someone tell me that there's a simple fix for this, like an incompatibility with an old profile format or somesuch.

This is under 10.3.8, latest patches, TiPB, with hot steaming coffee in hand.

Oh, and is there a place to beg features from the folks doing the Mac-centric work? For example, I'd like new windows to open n pixels to the right, but zero pixels down. Amongst others.
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

@MathieuMa. Can you verify that its working with the official nightly trunk build?
Meaning, is is really caused by my G4 optimization or is it a source problem out of my control. ;)

@SinceEBCDIC. I have had no problems with the latest builds myself, so I'm pretty sure its a problem on your side.
I suggest you backup and delete your current profile, then fire up the latest build to create a new one.
The profile is located in: ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox/
Hopefully that fix it... :)

Talk about and request features in this forum.

02/23 build out.
SinceEBCDIC

Post by SinceEBCDIC »

I did, and moved almost everything back, but stopped before I figured out exactly what was breaking startup. Interestingly, some themes no longer work, nor some tools. I wee bit dissapointing. Just as I'd gotten it comfy like an old pair of shoes.
krmathis

Post by krmathis »

^ As it starts normally with a fresh profile there is not much more I can help out with.
You need to locate what extension, tool etc. that breaks the build and post about it in the Bugs forum.

Trunk is the burning edge, so it sometimes breaks compatibility with themes and extensions! ;)