Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
I've build unofficial versions of Thunderbird 17.0.2ESR The main modifications to the official builds are:
• All builds are optimized for Mac OS X 10.8 (minimum requirement is 10.8)
• Libdispatch (Grand Central Dispatch) is included for some files
• Osxspell is used in my builds instead of hunspell
• All my builds include a Stack Smashing Protection and other hardening features
• You have Quicklook support for attachments (buggy!)
• All builds are made with Apples Clang 4.1
• Support for Retina Display and notification center
• You can enable fullscreen mode
You will find my builds there: http://polysom.verilite.de/coding/coding.html
Last edited by Nomis101 on January 5th, 2013, 12:21 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I've updated my Thunderbird versions to 3.0.1. Now all versions are build with PGO.
I have noticed that in this build (and in fact in every Thunderbird 3.0 and 3.1 build I have tried) it no longer puts an icon in front of the From field in the Inbox indicating the message has been replied to or forwarded. Version 2.0 had this feature and all the 3+ versions do in the Linux and Windows platforms. Am I the only one that noticed this? I have seen no references to it any where.
It appears in front of the Subject field now. I can't quite remember where it appeared in version 2.0 but it might have been the From field.
I didn't notice this as I don't reply to many e-mails these days (not many personal ones arrive in my inbox!).
Updated to 3.1 Final Builds.
Nomis, i'm using one of your 3.1 finals builds...mainly because they are in English. Would love to try 64bit version when you put up the English version.
My question is, is there a way to make it show "Thunderbird" instead of "Lanikai" in the menu option in Mac?
I hope you don't mind me answering this question for Nomis.
What you need to do is right-click on the Lanikai application and select "Show Package Contents". Open the Contents folder and find the file named "Info.plist". You need to open this file with either a simple text editor or Property List Editor (if you've installed Developer tools). Simply search for "Lanikai" in the text and replace with "Thunderbird".
Just one more place to change left... Back to the Contents folder, and open the Resources folder, then open the folder "en.lproj" (or possibly some other name with .lproj at the end). Then open, again with a simple text editor, the file "InfoPlist.strings" replacing the single Lanikai in the text.
Job done! Or is it?
@astromech: Thanks for the interest in my builds My 64bit Trunk versions are a bit old, because there was a lot of redness on the tree in the last few weeks. If the tree gets green and stable I will make a 64bit English version. But keep in mind, 64bit will only work with trunk builds (not 3.1) and the builds are not for daily use.
@RPMozley: Thanks for answering astromech's question. Couldn't said it better myself.
Now I've made a 64bit en-US version. But keep in mind, this is for testing only, because its an Alpha build.
I also have a quicklook enabled build for testing: http://polysom.verilite.de:/Website/Ino ... cklook.dmg
This build includes the nice quicklook extension from Daniel Le Duc Khoi Nguyen. Daniel told me, he's searching for more testers of his extension and he is preparing a litmus test for it.
Oh, I've forgotten.
In addition to the points from RPMozley it turns out you additionally need to change the brandShortName. To do so:
1. Go into /Lanikai.app/Contents/MacOS/chrome
2. In this folder you will find a file called "en-US.jar". Change *.jar into *.zip and decompress the file.
3. Now you will have a folder "locale". In this folder open "/branding/brand.dtd" and "brand.properties" with TextEdit. Change all "Lanikai" to "Thunderbird".
4. Go back to the chrome folder. Now compress (right click) the "locale" folder. You now must have a file "locale.zip".
5. Show file information of this file and change the name back to "en-US.jar". It sometimes doesn't work if you change the name directly into Finder. Now your're done.
I've updated the 3.1 versions to 3.1.4.
On the far right column I now have QuickLook enabled trunk builds. This is mostly WIP, so it doesn't work in all cases. The shortcut is ctrl+alt+Space.
I have updated my page with 5.0b2 builds.
I have updated my builds for OS X 10.8, but I need some testers. Backup your profile before testing (just in case). Thanks!
testing 1 week - ok
for now - now problems
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest