[FX] First-time build fails: ocidl.h

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Jarry1250

[FX] First-time build fails: ocidl.h

Post by Jarry1250 »

Hey all. I've been interested in contributing to Firefox for a while, and thought at the very least I might enjoy having a poke around in the source code. I've been following the "newbie" instructions for building my own version of Firefox on my Windows 7 laptop. It has been going well so far, except when it came to running

Code: Select all

make -f client.mk
for the first time: it got about 80% of the way through, then died. The error output looked a bit like:

c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v7.1\include\ocidl.h(6385) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier '__RPC__inout_xcount'
c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v7.1\include\ocidl.h(6385) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v7.1\include\ocidl.h(6385) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before ';'
c:\program files\microsoft sdks\windows\v7.1\include\ocidl.h(6385) : error C2733: second C linkage of overloaded function 'BSTR_UserMarshal' not allowed

...but repeated over and over again until the error limit maxed out and the make terminated. Googling seems to suggest that a conflict with the DirectX SDK is the cause, but I don't remember installing that particular SDK, and I can't find it on Add/Remove programs.

Any help appreciated - I'm totally out of my depth!

--
Jarry1250
Jarry1250

Re: [FX] First-time build fails: ocidl.h

Post by Jarry1250 »

After some playing around, I seem to have fixed the error. Instead of conflicting with a DirectX SDK, it was conflicting with the Windows 6.1 SDK (even though I had set it to use the 7.1 SDK). Renaming the 6.1 directory solved the problem.

Sorry for bothering everyone.

---
Jarry1250
.:Det:.

Post by .:Det:. »

You are sorry for asking for help? No need to be.
Anshucse014

Post by Anshucse014 »

The problem is not gone after including the paths C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\include in Additional include Directories and Additional library Directories.

I want to support my project in VS 2013.It is successfully build in VS 2008.

please suggest what to do????