pcxfirefox build update to -1

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
xunxun1982

Re: pcxfirefox build update to 35.0 x86/x64 SSE2

Post by xunxun1982 »

rayquaza88 wrote:Both versions crashed.

Well, I think I have found what happened, I will plan to fix it next edition ( maybe 35.0.1, as official follows )
rayquaza88

Post by rayquaza88 »

Thank you.

BTW I noticed that version 36 onward removed the "-remote" thing so now if i wanna make an other profile besides main how do I do it. I used to do "-profile "pro2/" -P "pro2" -no-remote"
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

rayquaza88 wrote:Thank you.

BTW I noticed that version 36 onward removed the "-remote" thing so now if i wanna make an other profile besides main how do I do it. I used to do "-profile "pro2/" -P "pro2" -no-remote"

I haven't used 36+, but my edition's tmemutil.dll setting file ( tmemutil.ini ) can contain MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1 environment value, maybe this also is valid.

You also can try to set MOZ_NO_REMOTE=1 in system's environment value ( but this will break default browser settings ).

And I also want to evaluate this -no-remote changes, maybe I can revert the changes to keep -no-remote valid in my 36+.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

And you can try to replace -no-remote to --new-instance
avada

Post by avada »

What's "-remote"? Or do you mean the "--no-remote" switch? Got a bug for that?
Edit:
So I guess it's this one: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1080319
Judging by the examples I see no point in keeping it. The features have replacements. (Not that I used them)
xunxun1982

Re: pcxfirefox build update to 35.0.1 x86/x64 SSE2

Post by xunxun1982 »

update to 35.0.1

The bugs fixed especially in pcxFirefox 35.0.1
1. A Firefox Hello crash caused by the compiler optimization switch
2. When using x64 edition to load onedrive.live.com, blank page is returned.
maur0

Post by maur0 »

thanks for this build firefox :) for me is the best
dggvr

Post by dggvr »

Actually I think most people use pcxFirefox for speed. What if you build AVX or AVX2 version too? Really would love to take advantage of my OCed 4770k. (I would use the AVX2 build here if it isn't nightly and doesn't crashes at least once every day...it is blazingly fast though)

Another question. http://malwaretips.com/threads/64-bit-b ... dus.40711/ Why is the performance of pcxFirefox so bad in graphics test?
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

dggvr wrote:Actually I think most people use pcxFirefox for speed. What if you build AVX or AVX2 version too? Really would love to take advantage of my OCed 4770k. (I would use the AVX2 build here if it isn't nightly and doesn't crashes at least once every day...it is blazingly fast though)

Another question. http://malwaretips.com/threads/64-bit-b ... dus.40711/ Why is the performance of pcxFirefox so bad in graphics test?

I have no AVX/AVX2 CPU, and I know that AVX2 no PGO build is slightly faster than SSE2 no PGO build, but AVX no PGO build is slower than SSE2 no PGO build.

This test link only describe one thing: pcxFirefox is compatible with official edition, but others are not.

You can notice that pcxFirefox runs the same with Nightly in graphics test, and in theory Nightly should be the fastest one except Javascript benchmark, the only reason is that the author doesn't use a clean profile ( I think the author disable HWA ), which will decrease Nightly performance. And pcxFirefox also use official's profile. so it is also affected.
I run the Fishbowl test in my computer, pcxFirefox 35.x runs the same speed with others.
avada

Post by avada »

dggvr wrote:Actually I think most people use pcxFirefox for speed. What if you build AVX or AVX2 version too? Really would love to take advantage of my OCed 4770k. (I would use the AVX2 build here if it isn't nightly and doesn't crashes at least once every day...it is blazingly fast though)

Do you think the non-AVX (My CPU doesn't support it) fbuild.com builds are any faster than the mozilla PGO ones?
I'm gonna stay on central at least until MSE hits stable.
dggvr

Post by dggvr »

avada wrote:Do you think the non-AVX (My CPU doesn't support it) fbuild.com builds are any faster than the mozilla PGO ones?

Mozilla PGO is faster than fbuild's non-AVX2 build.
avada

Post by avada »

dggvr wrote:
avada wrote:Do you think the non-AVX (My CPU doesn't support it) fbuild.com builds are any faster than the mozilla PGO ones?

Mozilla PGO is faster than fbuild's non-AVX2 build.

Thanks for the info.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

avada wrote:

Do you think the non-AVX (My CPU doesn't support it) fbuild.com builds are any faster than the mozilla PGO ones?

You can read my older post: https://pcxfirefox.wordpress.com/2014/1 ... urce-code/

You will know VC2013’s Auto-Vectorizer and Auto-Parallelizer Optimazation is very poor.
dggvr

Post by dggvr »

I know this is a bit too late to ask but I hope you can make/request a new icon for Firefox. The icon is the same as default one and it's quite confusing for many users (I read posts on 2ch talking about this).
Any ideas? Orange is a bit too lame, what about black or red or both :P Since your build is optimized for speed, these are great colours for the icon, imho.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

dggvr wrote:I know this is a bit too late to ask but I hope you can make/request a new icon for Firefox. The icon is the same as default one and it's quite confusing for many users (I read posts on 2ch talking about this).
Any ideas? Orange is a bit too lame, what about black or red or both :P Since your build is optimized for speed, these are great colours for the icon, imho.

The build is not a separate product, whose target is to be compatible with official edition and improve the speed (I think this is only a custom Mozilla product BUILD), I don't want to use a new icon, but you can if you like.

If I use the new icon in future, it means this will be a new type of BUILD.