pcxfirefox build update to -1

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
xunxun1982

Re: pcxfirefox build update to 41.0.1 x86/x64 SSE2

Post by xunxun1982 »

update to 41.0.1
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

xunxun1982 wrote:update to 41.0.1

Thank you very much for the update.

Just a question: Which one is the Bosskey if set to 1 in tmemutil.ini?

Kind regards,
DAC324
maur0

Post by maur0 »

thanks for version 42 pcx :)
DAC324

Re: pcxfirefox build update to -1

Post by DAC324 »

Hello,

Firefox 43.0 has been released. Will there also be an update to pcxFirefox?

Thank you very much.
maur0

Post by maur0 »

DAC324 wrote:Hello,

Thank you very much.
im wait too pcxfirefox 43
DAC324

Post by DAC324 »

maur0 wrote:

Thank you very much.
Sad news:
Seems that xunxun1982 passed away. No update on the wordpress blog since 2015-11-08, and no update on Sourceforge, either. Seems that version 42 will be the last version of pcxFirefox. That's a real pity.

Kind regards,
DAC324
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

DAC324 wrote:
maur0 wrote:

Thank you very much.
Sad news:
Seems that xunxun1982 passed away. No update on the wordpress blog since 2015-11-08, and no update on Sourceforge, either. Seems that version 42 will be the last version of pcxFirefox. That's a real pity.

Kind regards,
DAC324
:D
I am waiting for Mozilla Firefox 43.0.2 ( I think it will be released this weekend if everything is fine )
avada

Post by avada »

I'm wondering if there is a way to make localization suck less.
I know it's mozilla's fault it's just so annoying that I get the wretched xml parsing error all the time. If I forget to update the localization file, if I move my profile to one of the unstable channels and forget to disable it, accidentally installing wrong version, etc. Also general.useragent.locale always gets reset when I go to or from a localized firefox to one where I installed the localization myself.

(Why they made it such that localization files fail to load when a single string is added/changed is beyond comprehension)
koboltzz

Post by koboltzz »

Hi,

I wonder why there is no detailed documentation about the entries in 'tmemutil.ini'...

It seems that ProcessAffinityMask is only there to reduce the assigned cpu cores cause by windows10 every available core is for every process assigned by default.

Also, I did many tests with 'GdiBatchLimit' and no matter what you do, enable, disable oder increase the limit, the overall speed of firefox do not change.

Can anybody explain to me, if I did somehing wrong?

@xunxun1982
I have high respect of your work, but why do you compile a technically old firefox release when there a 'really' fast 64bit pgo nightly builds with smooth scrolling (async layers), e10s, w^x enabled/available by default?
All your nice optimizations in official latest release sadly do not beat the unoptimizied nightlys in terms of javascript/webgl etc. performance...

I hope very much that maybe you will think about a cutting edge pcxnightly, that would be a real beast.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

avada wrote:I'm wondering if there is a way to make localization suck less.
I know it's mozilla's fault it's just so annoying that I get the wretched xml parsing error all the time. If I forget to update the localization file, if I move my profile to one of the unstable channels and forget to disable it, accidentally installing wrong version, etc. Also general.useragent.locale always gets reset when I go to or from a localized firefox to one where I installed the localization myself.

(Why they made it such that localization files fail to load when a single string is added/changed is beyond comprehension)
There is an detect method in some Linux OS, which will detect your OS's localization and firefox will also set the same.

I can also use the method in some test edition, but won't adopt it in my edition.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

koboltzz wrote:Hi,

I wonder why there is no detailed documentation about the entries in 'tmemutil.ini'...

It seems that ProcessAffinityMask is only there to reduce the assigned cpu cores cause by windows10 every available core is for every process assigned by default.

Also, I did many tests with 'GdiBatchLimit' and no matter what you do, enable, disable oder increase the limit, the overall speed of firefox do not change.

Can anybody explain to me, if I did somehing wrong?

@xunxun1982
I have high respect of your work, but why do you compile a technically old firefox release when there a 'really' fast 64bit pgo nightly builds with smooth scrolling (async layers), e10s, w^x enabled/available by default?
All your nice optimizations in official latest release sadly do not beat the unoptimizied nightlys in terms of javascript/webgl etc. performance...

I hope very much that maybe you will think about a cutting edge pcxnightly, that would be a real beast.
I have forgotten tmemutil.ini details, when I remember it, I will write that.

Sorry, I don't use nightly, so I won't build nightly.
maur0

Post by maur0 »

wait for pcxfirefox 44.0
Dun

Post by Dun »

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1208415#c7

Would it be possible to add such preference to about:config to never disable DXVA video decoding, no matter how many corrupted dropped frames occurred?

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment ... ction=diff
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

Dun wrote:https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1208415#c7

Would it be possible to add such preference to about:config to never disable DXVA video decoding, no matter how many corrupted dropped frames occurred?

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment ... ction=diff
Thanks.
I remembered someone mentioned it in the past, but I forgot that later.

I will consider it, but I need test it at first, so may not contain the fix until the next edition.
avada

Post by avada »

Hi!

A small thing: Do the release files really need to be in so many sub-fulders?

How about something like:

Code: Select all

Home /  Firefox / 44.x / pcxFirefox-44.0-enUS-vc2013-x64-sse2-betterpgo-160131.7z
Instead of:

Code: Select all

Home / Release / Firefox / 44.x / 44.0 / x64 / sse2 / pcxFirefox-44.0-enUS-vc2013-x64-sse2-betterpgo-160131.7z
Most of them only have one subfolder in them: 44.0, x64, sse2. This information is already provided by the filenames.