Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Modify x64 section
pcxFirefox 20.x Test Edition (NoPGO and not stable)
en-US : http://pcxfirefox.googlecode.com/files/ ... est-1-1.7z
tete009 all feautures support
Note: there may be some crashes when using x86 plugins, so you should better use x64 plugins. And I don't intend to accept any feedback for x64 editions.
1) Newer processor that supports SSE2
2) Introduce tete009's multithread and portable feature depending on his tmemutil module
3) Support Google WebP
4) Implement config.trim_on_minimize on Vista+ OS again, but set it to false by default
5) Embedded SumatraPDF browser plugin and WMP plugin.
6) Provide a tmemutil alternative module tmemutil-3rd.dll, whose initial source code comes from http://code.google.com/p/libportable/
Build Method Improvement
2) Apply PGO to nss3.dll
SumatraPDF browser plugin (2.4 svn8284) is built by me
If you want to use my internal SumatraPDF browser plugin to browse PDF files, you should set pdfjs.disabled to true first, disable or uninstall other system existing PDF plugin.
If you don't know how to use the internal SumatraPDF plugin, you can see How To Use Internal PDF Plugin.jpg
If you want to use the alternative tmemutil-3rd.dll, please delete tmemutil.dll first and rename tmemutil-3rd.dll to tmemutil.dll, and all of their setting files are tmemutil.ini
tmemutil-3rd.dll's new feature compared to tete009's tmemutil.dll is
1) Security Enhancements ( SafeEx=1 )
2) Process White List ( Prevent some API hook and Browser overflow attacks )
3) Provide another two Environment Variables ( TmpDataPath and NpluginPath )
If you want to use the tmemutil-3rd.dll, you can refer to tmemutil-3rd-sample.ini, modify it and rename it to tmemutil.ini
There has some crashes in 20.0x86 but 21.0x86 working good.
You can use 22.
Because of low disk capacity, I can't maintain the older edition.
update to 24.0 x86
I will split my plugins to http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcxfire ... s/Plugins/
And 24.0 x64 and tb x86 will be built some days later.
And someone may want a slim firefox browser, I did some investigate for firefox 23.0.1 : http://sourceforge.net/projects/pcxfire ... efox/Mini/
The detail (in Chinese) : http://bbs.kafan.cn/thread-1619257-1-1.html
I hacked Mozilla's Makefile to get rid of some modules, and modified omni.ja 's compression rate in order to make 7zip package smaller.
At present, I have no time to continue the investigate, someone can use my test-3.patch as a base to go on.
The hard part of the patch is DOM section. If you want to cut some modules such as mobile modules, you will come across many IPC/content modification, which is very annoying.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest