[Fx] stipe: 2005-11-19 [Branch/W32] (s8)

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
CaptainKopter
Location: Neukirchen-Vluyn, Germany, deep in the middle of nowhere

Post by CaptainKopter »

Hi there,

I've just started to test the build and it works brilliant as far as I can see.
How's about building up a thread about extensions found to be incomaptible and spread this informations? What would be the best way to do that, within this thread or under extensions?

What do think?
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

Hello CaptainKopter,

Someone already started a thread on what extensions work with Deer Park (Firefox 1.1a):

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=261838
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

stipe wrote:If anyone has a good name for my trunk builds please post it here.
I don't want it to be called Deer Park Alpha 1. :)

Stipe FF v1.1Accelerant-tk
Sharkie

Re: [Fx] stipe: 2005-06-04 [Trunk/W32] (s8, svg, canvas)

Post by Sharkie »

stipe wrote:This was built off the HEAD cvs tree using the Visual C++ .NET 2003.

s8 : this build is for all processors
This build only includes JPEG optimizations from the mmoy's P2Y-X14 patch set.

Includes SVG and Canvas support.
This build uses Jairo Boudewyn's icons.
browser.sessionhistory.max_viewers is set to 10. (instant back and forward)

s8: http://pryan.org/firefox/stipe/firefox-trunk-s8-2005-06-04.exe
4.87 MB Self-extracting 7-zip archive

I noticed on http://pryan.org/firefox/stipe/ there are two versions of your latest build. There's 2005-06-04 and 20050604? What's the difference? One is bigger in size than the other and one was added at a later time.
tonino1864

Post by tonino1864 »

Stipe, Why do I keep on getting this error when I visit fox.sports.com and espn.com

Sharkie

Post by Sharkie »

tonino1864 wrote:Stipe, Why do I keep on getting this error when I visit fox.sports.com and espn.com

It must be some of your settings. Make sure JavaScript and Java are enabled in Tools>Options>Content. See if that helps.
Old Fuziwuzi

Post by Old Fuziwuzi »

Only problem I have with this (and every other trunk build I've run lately) is the annoying bug #258285 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=258285

Up until about 0601 I didn't have that bug, but since then it has been in every trunk build I've run, from Bangbang, BlueFyre, Djeter, and now this one from Stipe. Other than that, though, this is a great build.
largie

Re: [Fx] stipe: 2005-06-04 [Trunk/W32] (s8, svg, canvas)

Post by largie »

Sharkie wrote:I noticed on http://pryan.org/firefox/stipe/ there are two versions of your latest build. There's 2005-06-04 and 20050604? What's the difference? One is bigger in size than the other and one was added at a later time.

firefox-trunk-s8-2005-06-04.exe is a self extracting 7-zip compressed archive, the other two seem to be installers.
omniwolf

Post by omniwolf »

fuziwuzi wrote:Only problem I have with this (and every other trunk build I've run lately) is the annoying bug #258285 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=258285

Up until about 0601 I didn't have that bug, but since then it has been in every trunk build I've run, from Bangbang, BlueFyre, Djeter, and now this one from Stipe. Other than that, though, this is a great build.

ive been having that problem since i first started using optimised builds of firefox (last year sometime). when you type ' or / in an input field (like this one im typing in now) it pops up the search thing down the bottom. however it only happens sometimes, i'd say 50% of the time it happens, 50% it doesn't. REALLY annoying, and almost made me stop using firefox, but i just perservered, even tho it still annoys me big time.
i would love this to be fixed.. from what i can tell, the focus somehow is not in the input box, even though you're typing in it. when it happens, the arrow keys dont work either, you have to click somewhere in the text to navigate.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070323 BonEcho/2.0.0.3 (mmoy CE K8C-X01)
Old Fuziwuzi

Post by Old Fuziwuzi »

omniwolf wrote:
fuziwuzi wrote:Only problem I have with this (and every other trunk build I've run lately) is the annoying bug #258285 https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=258285

ive been having that problem since i first started using optimised builds of firefox (last year sometime). when you type ' or / in an input field (like this one im typing in now) it pops up the search thing down the bottom. however it only happens sometimes, i'd say 50% of the time it happens, 50% it doesn't. REALLY annoying, and almost made me stop using firefox, but i just perservered, even tho it still annoys me big time.
i would love this to be fixed.. from what i can tell, the focus somehow is not in the input box, even though you're typing in it. when it happens, the arrow keys dont work either, you have to click somewhere in the text to navigate.
I've gone back to using an older build (DJeter's 0528 trunk) and the bug doesn't occur.

On builds where the bug does occur, when you first have the problem, say when you're typing a new post here for example, minimize the Firefox window, then restore it and the bug will not occur in that instance again. For the next post, you'll have to minimize/restore again, but it does prevent the Find dialog from popping up as you type.

I hope this nasty little bug is quashed soon. I say they should just get rid of the "Find As You Type" feature altogether if they can't prevent this from happening.
tonino1864

Post by tonino1864 »

tonino1864 wrote:Stipe, Why do I keep on getting this error when I visit fox.sports.com and espn.com

Can someone please answer as to why I get this error please. It's not a java issue and I've tried using the noscript extension and forbid entries but it's still coming up. I appreciate any help.
bloodykiss

Post by bloodykiss »

tonino1864 wrote:Can someone please answer as to why I get this error please. It's not a java issue and I've tried using the noscript extension and forbid entries but it's still coming up. I appreciate any help.

Is it related only to foxsports.com site? I don't have any problems with opening and viewing it... How can it be reproduced?
Jumbie

Post by Jumbie »

Stipe, just want to let you know that this trunk build is kicking ass.

I'm also not having the problem I was having with jayfromtaiwan's build where sessionsaver was loading blank tabs fairly often.

Thanks again.
karlo

Post by karlo »

wonderful! i love your build! It's fast and stable! :)
Lost User 60977

Post by Lost User 60977 »

Stipe, can we have a new one for the weekend please? :-)