Light, a light firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
greyowl2

Re: Light, a light firefox

Post by greyowl2 »

Thank you.
I will try this and report back.
Haris LinuxOS

Post by Haris LinuxOS »

Very good. Nice!
It's the best browser I have ever used. I am using the 64bit version on Windows 7 64bit and I am very satisfied. It runs faster than Firefox and it more stable than it. Continue the good work!
truelyyours

Post by truelyyours »

Hello,
i tried it, it opened fast, but later this appeared (light.exe instead of wfica23!)
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

truelyyours wrote:Hello,
i tried it, it opened fast, but later this appeared (light.exe instead of wfica23!)

I have no idea what wfica is.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

cstkingkey wrote:

You can see http://www.liutilities.com/products/win ... y/wfica32/
truelyyours

Post by truelyyours »

cstkingkey wrote:

Me too, it may be another program but i mean the same error window but i tried windows repair tool and it's ok now
truelyyours

Post by truelyyours »

Now i have problem with fonts (arabic fonts don't appear - strange symbols appear instead whenever i type in light while already written fonts appear normally ). In all other documents, browsers and files, fonts are properly displayed when i type.
personaverage

Post by personaverage »

hey there. awesome light browser thank you for your work.

i tested it with youtube, gmail, news, flashgames. i have encountered a problem that may be isolated but i thought id bring it up. Playing the online flash game
'kingdom rush frontiers' on armorgames with this browser would not allow me to load or see saved games. you login to the armorgames site, from there any game you play will recognize your saved/load points that you can access anywhere (not cookies, serverside). although i can login to the site, it doesnt recognize my saved games. (tested against other browsers and other computer)

a secondary problem occurred after this. I was opening new tabs but then could not close them. fixed by closing browser and relaunching it.

not necessarily looking for a current solution just thought it might have larger implications.
cheers
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

personaverage wrote:hey there. awesome light browser thank you for your work.

i tested it with youtube, gmail, news, flashgames. i have encountered a problem that may be isolated but i thought id bring it up. Playing the online flash game
'kingdom rush frontiers' on armorgames with this browser would not allow me to load or see saved games. you login to the armorgames site, from there any game you play will recognize your saved/load points that you can access anywhere (not cookies, serverside). although i can login to the site, it doesnt recognize my saved games. (tested against other browsers and other computer)

a secondary problem occurred after this. I was opening new tabs but then could not close them. fixed by closing browser and relaunching it.

not necessarily looking for a current solution just thought it might have larger implications.
cheers

For the games, it may due to the removal of offline cache or webapp. official firefox will also run into the situations that you can't close the tabs.
truelyyours

Post by truelyyours »

Although i still can't type arabic in light, i admit it's from the best browsers i've ever tried !
It'sMeAgain

Post by It'sMeAgain »

I've downloaded the 32 bit version - but there is a problem - which is a real dealbreaker for me.

Noscript isn't installing properly.

Please can you look into this?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

It'sMeAgain wrote:I've downloaded the 32 bit version - but there is a problem - which is a real dealbreaker for me.

Noscript isn't installing properly.

Please can you look into this?

use the modified addon.
haqmoun

Post by haqmoun »

Cstkingkey re. Noscript, what do you mean by 'modified addon'?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

haqmoun wrote:Cstkingkey re. Noscript, what do you mean by 'modified addon'?

sf files Addons modified for Light
gyves

Post by gyves »

Since the breaking of NoScript, and the subsequent requirement to use the modified addon, this fork has taken a bit of a dive. The modified addon causes slowness on every page I load. On top of that, blocked objects can no longer be clicked to be enabled, instead clicking them sends you to the address of the embed. Disabling the modified NoScript returns me to the otherwise smooth functionality but of course I'm lacking the protections.

Please fix this. I've been using Light for awhile now and would like to continue doing so.