Light, a light firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
ffregonese

Re: Light, a light firefox

Post by ffregonese »

i'd like to know if there is a way to print a web page.
thanks in advance
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

ffregonese wrote:i'd like to know if there is a way to print a web page.
thanks in advance

currently, printing is not available.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

light 27 is available.
haqmoun

Post by haqmoun »

Thanks! Just logged in to see whether you posted news re. light 27.
I like your browser, it's clearly faster on my old laptop with XP than the official or all other third-party builds.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

haqmoun wrote:Thanks! Just logged in to see whether you posted news re. light 27.
I like your browser, it's clearly faster on my old laptop with XP than the official or all other third-party builds.

At most time, nightly edition is faster than release edition, light is a nightly edition.
Bollerkopp

Post by Bollerkopp »

Hello,

your build seems very interesting. Would it be possible to offer a german localed version? Or could you show me the way how to do it myself?

If I add the official locale for FF26 the Light version starts with a "browser.xul" error window.

Greets
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

Bollerkopp wrote:Hello,

your build seems very interesting. Would it be possible to offer a german localed version? Or could you show me the way how to do it myself?

If I add the official locale for FF26 the Light version starts with a "browser.xul" error window.

Greets

which build do you need? 86 or 64? new or classic theme? vc or icc?
Last edited by cstkingkey on February 5th, 2014, 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

Greets

Light is a nightly edition, not a release edition, you should add nightly's locale.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

xunxun1982 wrote:

Greets

Light is a nightly edition, not a release edition, you should add nightly's locale.

nightly locale won't work. Please don't mislead others.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

cstkingkey wrote:
xunxun1982 wrote:

Greets

xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

cstkingkey wrote:
xunxun1982 wrote:

Greets

Also change the edition number?

You mean light can use release locale?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

xunxun1982 wrote:You mean light can use release locale?

change the edition number won't work. light add some strings, so it can not use either the release or nightly locale.
xunxun1982

Post by xunxun1982 »

cstkingkey wrote:
xunxun1982 wrote:You mean light can use release locale?

change the edition number won't work. light add some strings, so it can not use either the release or nightly locale.

Well, I see. But it's not good for other locale users.

I have a plan for building a multi-language firefox, like firefox on Android, but it will increase the package's size.
Bollerkopp

Post by Bollerkopp »

cstkingkey wrote:which build do you need? 86 or 64? new or classic theme? vc or icc?

Sorry, I missed the important informations. I would like to use the x86 version with classic theme.

I have an AMD X4 CPU (AM3) and use XP x86. What would be better? VC or ICC? Is ICC more Intel optimized?

Thanks in advance.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

Bollerkopp wrote:
cstkingkey wrote:which build do you need? 86 or 64? new or classic theme? vc or icc?

Sorry, I missed the important informations. I would like to use the x86 version with classic theme.

I have an AMD X4 CPU (AM3) and use XP x86. What would be better? VC or ICC? Is ICC more Intel optimized?

Thanks in advance.

yes, icc is more Intel optimized. if you want to try it. you can add the language packs in the other folder .