Light, a light firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
bookbear

Re: Light, a light firefox

Post by bookbear »

I have a problem with UNinstalling Light... it simply will NOT uninstall, keeps giving an error message saying that the uninstaller is not valid. The original installation files were downloaded from SourceForge directly. I am running Win10, no viruses or malware, and everything else is functioning properly. I can't even copy and paste the error message, but it starts with "Installer Integrity Check Has Failed."

I have deleted the original installer, downloaded a fresh copy from a mirror site, reinstalled over existing installation (which i cannot uninstall), and tried again. Same error message.

Any help would be appreciated.
Bookbear
"Where are we going? And what's with this handbasket?"
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

bookbear wrote:I have a problem with UNinstalling Light... it simply will NOT uninstall, keeps giving an error message saying that the uninstaller is not valid. The original installation files were downloaded from SourceForge directly. I am running Win10, no viruses or malware, and everything else is functioning properly. I can't even copy and paste the error message, but it starts with "Installer Integrity Check Has Failed."

I have deleted the original installer, downloaded a fresh copy from a mirror site, reinstalled over existing installation (which i cannot uninstall), and tried again. Same error message.

Any help would be appreciated.
fixed in new version
maick

Post by maick »

Which version would that be? I have the latest version (47.0) and I have the exact same error... Can't remove the app with the same error message.
yummy90

Post by yummy90 »

Light crashes on mega.co.nz
peebee

Post by peebee »

The last upload on SourceForge was Light-49RC back in October 2016....there has been no activity here or on SourceForge since....

Back in post #1 these were described as "personal builds of Firefox".....

Are there likely to be any future releases? As a Puppy Linux user and developer, I'm particularly interested in the Linux 32-bit GTK2 builds.....

If no future releases are likely, would it be possible to publish build instructions so somebody else could take on building new versions??

Or has Firefox changed too much (now at version 51.0) that new versions are not possible??

Thanks for any clarification that can be provided

p.s. Light-48 is included as the default web-browser in LxPupSc - a version of Puppy Linux built from SlackwareCurrent components with the LXDE desktop
Frano35

Post by Frano35 »

Can someone link me to 32bit light browser if it exist?
Frano35

Post by Frano35 »

Can someone make webgl files for Light? want to play 1 game in this browser but it requires WebGL, game is Dead Trigger 2
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

Frano35 wrote:Can someone link me to 32bit light browser if it exist?
look carefully on the sourceforge light page. i think you mean a win32 version of the light browser. there should be some 32bit (aka win32) versions you can find there.