Light, a light firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
cstkingkey

Re: Light, a light firefox (32.0)

Post by cstkingkey »

ofhuman wrote:Go figure...
I tried the 'installer' version of 32.r2 released a few days ago and the Status Bar and all features appear and perform properly. Same build (seemingly) as before so the response above ("common service components is required, but not available") is puzzling if not wrong.
Now I'm concerned if the next update of Light will wipe out those very features that never worked before. Too bad, it still has a footprint that is about 20% smaller than FF or Nightly builds and Light has less problems with Flash.

I think you install the sync builds, which have common service components.
features? Can you give examples?
ofhuman

Post by ofhuman »

As noted, I installed 32r2 (2014-09-26) even though I was already running the 32r2 build.
I've only noticed that the Status Bar and all elements were useless in Light but they are now working (progress bar, status text). I don't use sync anyway and only recall the problem with the Status Bar prior to using the installer version.
So, a simple solution for a problem that wasn't previously addressed.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

ofhuman wrote:As noted, I installed 32r2 (2014-09-26) even though I was already running the 32r2 build.
I've only noticed that the Status Bar and all elements were useless in Light but they are now working (progress bar, status text). I don't use sync anyway and only recall the problem with the Status Bar prior to using the installer version.
So, a simple solution for a problem that wasn't previously addressed.

2014-09-26 builds have sync enabled(as the folder name suggested), so it have the necessary components, while 2014-08-30 builds are not.
greyowl2

Re: Light, a light firefox (33.0)

Post by greyowl2 »

I am really impressed with this build. I have dialup internet and it is faster than FF.

I may have some questions later if I run into any problems.

Thank you so much for making it.
greyowl2

Post by greyowl2 »

How often do you update Light? Is there a way to arrange notification when there is an update?
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

greyowl2 wrote:How often do you update Light? Is there a way to arrange notification when there is an update?

follow the firefox's calendar. I'm afraid that you need manually check for it.
greyowl2

Post by greyowl2 »

Thanks for the information.

I am a bit confused. About 12 days ago, I downloaded: light-33.0.en-US.win32.installer_xp.exe

Today, the website says that it was updated 5 days ago; however, the download file on the website has the same name. Is it in fact an update?

thanks
yummy90

Post by yummy90 »

Using the latest build in source forge today and got this

http://puu.sh/cTPjj/67b863e7a2.PNG
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Clear your cache.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
yummy90

Post by yummy90 »

Never thought about that, thanks
greyowl2

Post by greyowl2 »

I am having a problem accessing my email at https://mail.yandex.com/
Up until today, it worked fine.

I get a page with the following message below:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Light to connect securely to mail.yandex.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Light only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

mail.yandex.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Please investigate and advise me of the problem and fix. I could send you a screen shot but I don't know how to put it in a reply.
Thank you
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

greyowl2 wrote:I am having a problem accessing my email at https://mail.yandex.com/
Up until today, it worked fine.

I get a page with the following message below:

This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Light to connect securely to mail.yandex.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

This site uses HTTP Strict Transport Security (HSTS) to specify that Light only connect to it securely. As a result, it is not possible to add an exception for this certificate.

mail.yandex.com uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is not trusted because the issuer certificate is unknown. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

Please investigate and advise me of the problem and fix. I could send you a screen shot but I don't know how to put it in a reply.
Thank you

find one nssckbi.dll in official firefox builds, then copy it to light's folder.
greyowl2

Post by greyowl2 »

I works now.

Thank you for the help.
outwork

Post by outwork »

Hi. When I try to access a webpage (http://ncore.cc) it says that I use Untristed connection. After adding to exceptions list the website loads but the css of the website is not loaded at all. When I access the website from an unmodified Firefox everything is working great. How I can fix that problem? Thx.
cstkingkey

Post by cstkingkey »

outwork wrote:Hi. When I try to access a webpage (http://ncore.cc) it says that I use Untristed connection. After adding to exceptions list the website loads but the css of the website is not loaded at all. When I access the website from an unmodified Firefox everything is working great. How I can fix that problem? Thx.

find one nssckbi.dll in official firefox builds, then copy it to light's folder.