MozillaZine

Light, a light firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
outwork
 
Posts: 3
Joined: November 25th, 2014, 6:57 am

Post Posted November 25th, 2014, 7:57 am

This was the first thing what I tried, but didn`t solved my problem.

cstkingkey
 
Posts: 123
Joined: October 30th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Post Posted November 25th, 2014, 5:55 pm

outwork wrote:This was the first thing what I tried, but didn`t solved my problem.


Did you clear the cache? I works for me.

outwork
 
Posts: 3
Joined: November 25th, 2014, 6:57 am

Post Posted November 26th, 2014, 2:47 am

It works now. Accidentally used an 32-bit deal instead of the 64-bit version. Thank you for the quick support!

ofhuman
 
Posts: 17
Joined: May 28th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 2nd, 2014, 9:20 am

cstkingkey wrote:
ofhuman wrote:As noted, I installed 32r2 (2014-09-26) even though I was already running the 32r2 build.
I've only noticed that the Status Bar and all elements were useless in Light but they are now working (progress bar, status text). I don't use sync anyway and only recall the problem with the Status Bar prior to using the installer version.
So, a simple solution for a problem that wasn't previously addressed.

2014-09-26 builds have sync enabled(as the folder name suggested), so it have the necessary components, while 2014-08-30 builds are not.


Well? The current-latest release (34) apparently does not have sync enabled.
Why?
Is it (not) possible to issue a release so components (EX: Status Bar) can be enabled?

greyowl2
 
Posts: 80
Joined: December 30th, 2009, 8:04 pm
Location: Canada

Post Posted December 2nd, 2014, 9:58 am

I want to download the new version of Light v. 34, but the download site is not working.
Please let me know when it will be available.
Thank you.

cstkingkey
 
Posts: 123
Joined: October 30th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Post Posted December 2nd, 2014, 10:33 pm

ofhuman wrote:
cstkingkey wrote:
ofhuman wrote:As noted, I installed 32r2 (2014-09-26) even though I was already running the 32r2 build.
I've only noticed that the Status Bar and all elements were useless in Light but they are now working (progress bar, status text). I don't use sync anyway and only recall the problem with the Status Bar prior to using the installer version.
So, a simple solution for a problem that wasn't previously addressed.

2014-09-26 builds have sync enabled(as the folder name suggested), so it have the necessary components, while 2014-08-30 builds are not.


Well? The current-latest release (34) apparently does not have sync enabled.
Why?
Is it (not) possible to issue a release so components (EX: Status Bar) can be enabled?

You can use the modified status4evar

cstkingkey
 
Posts: 123
Joined: October 30th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Post Posted December 2nd, 2014, 10:35 pm

greyowl2 wrote:I want to download the new version of Light v. 34, but the download site is not working.
Please let me know when it will be available.
Thank you.


sf works for me. If it's not for me, I can do nothing to the site.

greyowl2
 
Posts: 80
Joined: December 30th, 2009, 8:04 pm
Location: Canada

Post Posted December 3rd, 2014, 6:15 am

sf is now working.
thanks

ofhuman
 
Posts: 17
Joined: May 28th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 4th, 2014, 7:01 am

ME: Well? The current-latest release (34) apparently does not have sync enabled.
Why?
Is it (not) possible to issue a release so components (EX: Status Bar) can be enabled?


NOT ME: You can use the modified status4evar.

ME: Great!
Could you explain how to modify s4e or tell me where I'd locate a modified status4evar?
(Install, add via Customize isn't working...)

cstkingkey
 
Posts: 123
Joined: October 30th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Post Posted December 4th, 2014, 7:03 am

ofhuman wrote:ME: Well? The current-latest release (34) apparently does not have sync enabled.
Why?
Is it (not) possible to issue a release so components (EX: Status Bar) can be enabled?


NOT ME: You can use the modified status4evar.

ME: Great!
Could you explain how to modify s4e or tell me where I'd locate a modified status4evar?
(Install, add via Customize isn't working...)


https://sourceforge.net/projects/lightf ... r%20Light/

Add the necessary component into the addon.

ofhuman
 
Posts: 17
Joined: May 28th, 2014, 12:28 pm

Post Posted December 4th, 2014, 7:20 am

RE: s4e
Sorry, I didn't notice Status4evar had been added to the components list. It works fine, thanks.

greyowl2
 
Posts: 80
Joined: December 30th, 2009, 8:04 pm
Location: Canada

Post Posted December 7th, 2014, 12:26 pm

I am having a couple of problem with Light 34.0:

1) I have preference set to "Show my windows and tabs from last time" when Light starts. Frequently, this does not work, and instead, it shows my home page.

2) If I use context menu "Save Link as" for downloading a file, the download manager puts it in the cue but does not download it (the progress bar keeps going by but it does on download it). However, if I restart Light, then it starts and completes the download.

I am running XP sp3 and use dial up internet.

Your help is apprecitated.

cstkingkey
 
Posts: 123
Joined: October 30th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Post Posted December 7th, 2014, 5:17 pm

greyowl2 wrote:I am having a couple of problem with Light 34.0:

1) I have preference set to "Show my windows and tabs from last time" when Light starts. Frequently, this does not work, and instead, it shows my home page.

2) If I use context menu "Save Link as" for downloading a file, the download manager puts it in the cue but does not download it (the progress bar keeps going by but it does on download it). However, if I restart Light, then it starts and completes the download.

I am running XP sp3 and use dial up internet.

Your help is apprecitated.


try new profile.

greyowl2
 
Posts: 80
Joined: December 30th, 2009, 8:04 pm
Location: Canada

Post Posted December 7th, 2014, 7:03 pm

Thanks for the message.
I don't know how to do a new profile.
Please explain how to create a new profile.
Thank you.

cstkingkey
 
Posts: 123
Joined: October 30th, 2013, 10:47 pm

Post Posted December 9th, 2014, 1:15 am

greyowl2 wrote:Thanks for the message.
I don't know how to do a new profile.
Please explain how to create a new profile.
Thank you.

light -p

Return to Third Party/Unofficial Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests