Palemoom /Australis

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
SaphirJD

Re: Palemoom /Australis

Post by SaphirJD »

Well, i still have Firefox 22 on my Computers, since it is for me the last acceptable one i will use :P Guess i keep that few more years on my machines until the site incompatibilities are too large to ignore.

And btw. i really would still love using Gecko related Browsers, but only without Australis. But that is in my opinion only worth the review when Australis hits Firefox stable. At that point it should be more clear if Seamonkey really is able to avoid Australis 100% or Modifications like Pale Moon or Cyberfox will still be around if it is possible to keep them maintained with the classic ui when switching to an Australis Code Base :P
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

SaphirJD wrote:Well, i still have Firefox 22 on my Computers....

http://www.montypython.net/sounds/sketches/dull.wav
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

SaphirJD wrote:Well, i still have Firefox 22 on my Computers

Who really cares what you use? Seriously the only reason this thread exists is because some PaleMoon fanboy couldn't shut up and the only reason it is continuing is because you won't stop reiterating the same tired drivel.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
LoudNoiseLOL

Post by LoudNoiseLOL »

malliz wrote:
SaphirJD wrote:Well, i still have Firefox 22 on my Computers

Who really cares what you use? Seriously the only reason this thread exists is because some PaleMoon fanboy couldn't shut up and the only reason it is continuing is because you won't stop reiterating the same tired drivel.

How utterly disingenuous.

In my post I did mentioned "Pale Moon". I also mentioned "Waterfox", "Seamonkey", and "Sliepnir". Instead of responding to this in any way, you began attacking me instead, referring to me as a "Pale Moon fanboy!!" and demanding that I cease posting.

Do not present me as something I am not. Either tackle the content of the post I made (ie these other browsers are more customizable than Australis in terms of UI "out of the box") or pipe down and let others talk about it instead. Screaming "FANBOY FANBOY" will not make the issue go away, no matter how much you want it to.

Now again - and for the final time, for I am tiring of repeating this only to have you twist it to your own ends ...

The claim was made "Even after Australis is released, Firefox will remain the most customizable browser".

I contend that Pale Moon, Waterfox, Sliepnir 4, and Seamonkey all retain a higher level of User Interface customization out of the box than Australis.

Would you like to agree or disagree with this comment, or would you like to continue attacking me dishonestly?
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Actually, the reason this thread exists is that some Palemoon fanbays attempted to hijack a thread in Firefox builds about Australis and we weren't having anything to do with that.

I am not going to bother to discover if Waterfox et.al. are going to follow Mozilla into Australis but since Palemoon is nothing more then the Firefox ESR with accessablity and child protections removed it certainly won't be any more extendable then Firefox ESR.

None of these browers are actual folks, they are only slightly tweeked versions of the Firefox. Once the current version of ESR expires they will either go Australis or they will fold.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Jay Engle

Post by Jay Engle »

[quote="LoudNoise"]Actually, the reason this thread exists is that some Palemoon fanbays attempted to hijack a thread in Firefox builds about Australis and we weren't having anything to do with that.[/quote]

I honestly dont have a dog in the fight and couldnt care less what browsers people decide to use. However I have followed this thread since it began in the australis thread and youre being dishonest here. The users where discussing several web browsers. The mention of "palemoon" seems to have hit a nerve with you as you havent stopped calling that user a "fanboy" since the post was made, even in response to that user in this thread when they reveal they have deleted all of their posts. Thats depressing to see form a moderator.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Hardly being dishonest. The thread was in firefox builds and was supposed to be a discussion about Australis, not about other browsers. This was split off the thread and moved here. That thread became about Australis again.

This happens every now and then. If someone trys hiijack the fhread and make it into a different conversatiion it gets split off either to locked or another thread. That is what happened here. This is fairly straightforward forum management.

That said, this isn't the thread to complain. Should you wish to continue kindly post here: viewforum.php?f=11
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Jay Engle wrote:I honestly dont have a dog in the fight and couldnt care less what browsers people decide to use.

Then I suggest you mind your own business
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Jay Engle

Post by Jay Engle »

Hardly being dishonest. The thread was in firefox builds and was supposed to be a discussion about Australis, not about other browsers.

I agree, and you where correct to split the thread. However as you yourself have noted, the thread was derailed with discussion of "other browsers". You where the person who edited the title and made this a palemoon debate, not the users. To continually refer to those users as "palemoon fanboys" is dishonest. The same user mentioned Seamonkey in the same post. Why do you not refer to them as a "Mozilla fanboy"? Is it because this doesnt fit your narrative?

Then I suggest you mind your own business

And I suggest you jog on. The forum topic is third party / unofficial builds. Visiting a forum named third party / unofficial builds and then posting in a thread directly related to third party / unofficial builds merely to tell people that you think talking about third party / unofficial builds is "tired drivel" makes you look a bit of a whining prat.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Jay Engle wrote:
Hardly being dishonest. The thread was in firefox builds and was supposed to be a discussion about Australis, not about other browsers.

I agree, and you where correct to split the thread. However as you yourself have noted, the thread was derailed with discussion of "other browsers". You where the person who edited the title and made this a palemoon debate, not the users. To continually refer to those users as "palemoon fanboys" is dishonest. The same user mentioned Seamonkey in the same post. Why do you not refer to them as a "Mozilla fanboy"? Is it because this doesnt fit your narrative?

When someone tries to hijack an unrelated thread to sing the praises of a release version of a product we do not support I would call that fanboyism. If you come and behave like a jerk you are going to be treated like one. As for calling someone who notes Seamonkey a Mozilla fanboy that would be fairly stupid. We are, of course, Mozillazine. Also, if that conversation got going and was starting to drive the conversation off topic I would simply ask the folks to stop it and they would.

And I really must point out that is thread is leaning toward being locked as being off topic. Kindly direct your complaints to the forum I noted above.
Post wrangler
LoudNoiseLOL

Post by LoudNoiseLOL »

If you come and behave like a jerk you are going to be treated like one.

Are you kidding me?

All of this began because of one reply I made :

User : "Even after Australis is released, Firefox will remain the most customizable web browser"
Me : "Having tried Pale Moon, I disagree".

For that, so far you have called me a troll, a cheer leader, a fanboy (multiple times), and now I am a jerk?!? Why are you continuing to attack me in every single post you make based on one single reply I made???? Your not even replying to me in this post where you are now calling me a jerk FFS.

I can see no option in my user settings to delete my account - so you do what you REALLY wanted to do in the first place - ban this account, I will not be returning, you patronising nasty individual.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I am not about to bother. However, I do think we are done here. Locking.
Post wrangler