Firefox 24 ESR on HP-UX

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Prayag

Firefox 24 ESR on HP-UX

Post by Prayag »

Hello,

I am trying to build Firefox 24 ESR on HP-UX 11.31. I have been hitting a lot of issues. Missing library functions, syntax difference (I am using HP aCC), inaccessible functions (some private functions had to be made public in order to get rid of this problem) etc.

Has anyone here tried a build on HP-UX?

-Prayag
xunxun1982

Re: Firefox 24 ESR on HP-UX

Post by xunxun1982 »

You should post your error log some where.
Prayag

Post by Prayag »

"../../dist/include/ipc/IPCMessageUtils.h", line 1165: error #3449: explicit specialization of class "IPC::ParamTraits<mozilla::layers::CompositableType>" must precede its first use (at line 115 of "/data/mozilla-esr24/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_message_utils.h")
struct ParamTraits<mozilla::layers::CompositableType>
^
I don't understand why this error is occurring. I see that the specialization occurs before the use in the code.

Any thought will be helpful.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Can you install the GNU toolchain and use the GNU compiler instead?
Also I'm pretty sure that Itanium platform isn't supported totally.

Phil
Prayag

Post by Prayag »

I will try that. Thanks for your reply Philip.
Prayag

Post by Prayag »

Hello,
I was giving a try with gcc for Firefox build. Firefox code uses fontconfig/fcfreetype.h, and gcc is not able to find it. I tried the following test program. I can’t get it to compile. Details below:

# cat test.cpp
#include<iostream>
#include<fontconfig/fcfreetype.h>
#include<stdio.h>
using namespace std;
int main(){
return 0;
}
# test.cpp
# gcc test.cpp
In file included from test.cpp:2:0:
/usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:27:22: fatal error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I tried the -I option to tweak the search path, but that lead to more 'missing file' errors; files included by /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h seem to be not found. I can keep tweaking the include search path and may be eventually get it working. But I would appreciate if anyone has a cleaner solution for this.

Thank You,
Prayag
venkatunix02

Post by venkatunix02 »

Prayag wrote:Hello,
I was giving a try with gcc for Firefox build. Firefox code uses fontconfig/fcfreetype.h, and gcc is not able to find it. I tried the following test program. I can’t get it to compile. Details below:

# cat test.cpp
#include<iostream>
#include<fontconfig/fcfreetype.h>
#include<stdio.h>
using namespace std;
int main(){
return 0;
}
# test.cpp
# gcc test.cpp
In file included from test.cpp:2:0:
/usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h:27:22: fatal error: ft2build.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

I tried the -I option to tweak the search path, but that lead to more 'missing file' errors; files included by /usr/local/include/fontconfig/fcfreetype.h seem to be not found. I can keep tweaking the include search path and may be eventually get it working. But I would appreciate if anyone has a cleaner solution for this.

Thank You,
Prayag
Hi Phil,

I am also trying to port firefox to HP-UX on Itanium server.

You mentioned above that :
>> Also I'm pretty sure that Itanium platform isn't supported totally.

Can you please let me know if there are any limitations with respect to Itanium platform for firefox

Thanks for help
Venkat