Firefox ESR 24.8.0 portable build

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
miki86

Re: Firefox ESR 24.8.0 portable build

Post by miki86 »

Was joking about the 20, just and exageration to tell you that i have to install a plug-in for every feature i want to remove and hide, and all these plug-ins are memory hungers, expecially the CTR.
I prefer edit the chrome CSS file or using the internal about:config registry, but seems impossibile since they remove the code to do so.

Just this.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Nonsense. Type about:config in the address bar and you can edit it. Some entries have been removed and added items but this is hardly the first time. You can still edit userchrome although some of the item names have been changed so some of your older additions may not work. If you need some help, see this thread. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2777255

Unless you have exceedingly little memory, CTR won't make the slightest impact.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
James

Post by James »

xunxun1982 wrote:I think you can try to use 28.0, because in the future Mozilla also will stop ESR24.x.

Maybe 3rd builders can maintain a ESR 24 branch, but I think it's not done one person can't finish.

Though it is true, I will plan to build ESR24.x final edition after it is stopped.

It would be safer to use the last 24.0 ESR security update versus the 28.0 Release which would be behind several security fixes.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

There is also a major problem with building with ESR 24 once it changes. Even if you add the security updates there is no guarantee they will actually work even if they do compile. While this may be safe for awhile it won't be for long.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
tomri

Post by tomri »

I have a similar problem. I need 24.8.0 because S-MIME encryption is broken in 31 and 31.1. A shame they merged the ESR branch, claiming that the main branch is "as good".
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I think you have an extension problem. Being a email standard I would doubt it was even a feature Firefox. Even if it was it wasn't a very good one.
Post wrangler
James

Post by James »

tomri wrote:I have a similar problem. I need 24.8.0 because S-MIME encryption is broken in 31 and 31.1. A shame they merged the ESR branch, claiming that the main branch is "as good".

Merged? the ESR is based on every seven Releases as it was based on 10.0, 17.0, 24.0 and now 31.0