Pale Moon has changed its GUID.

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Frank Lion

Re: Pale Moon has changed its GUID.

Post by Frank Lion »

mightyglydd wrote:Posted by A "Fanatic"....O'Ding on Moonshine, Moonburn ?

I recognise the writing style of that guy (and a few others there) That one used to post of the Australis threads, if I get time later I'll find his stuff.

viewtopic.php?p=12935027#p12935027
(how? I just remember keywords from my own posts.)

Finally, for a sense of perspective, please do try and remember that many of those guys are less than 14 years old. In real life, would you really spend much/any of your time arguing with a child?
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

mightyglydd wrote:Posted by A "Fanatic"....O'Ding on Moonshine, Moonburn ?

https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?p=44787#p44787

forum.palemood.org wrote:The requested topic does not exist.

Sorry I missed it. Deleting posts is impressive in a creepy way.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

forum.palemood.org wrote:The requested topic does not exist.

Oh yes, it does ;)

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... n&&ct=clnk
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I am impressed. If I deleted a nine page active thread being drawn and quartered by Kerz would be the least of my worries.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

It looks like just that one post was deleted, not the entire thread. The thread is here:
http://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5494
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Ok, no longer impressed. :) Deleting a single post is just cowardly.
Post wrangler
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Frank Lion wrote:Finally, for a sense of perspective, please do try and remember that many of those guys are less than 14 years old.

But he looks so "mature" :shock:
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

malliz wrote:But he looks so "mature" :shock:

Yes, many are, but not all and it's a safe bet that Matt falls into the 'not all' category. Nice use of matching the smilie with the photo there, I thought.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Frank Lion wrote: Nice use of matching the smilie with the photo there, I thought.

Life imitating art :)
Did trippynet ever get that extension thing sorted out for you like he said he would?
viewtopic.php?p=13854149#p13854149
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

.... "at Mozilla Forums" .... "diehard Australis fans" .... The paranoia runs deep. Break out of your personal bubbles PaleMooners. None of us here is a Mozilla plant or apologist, and the vast majority of the regulars on this forum are upset about Australis, if only for the fact that it's been the most inflammatory troll-bait ever invented. PaleMoon 25 appears to have been created specifically to feed into anti-Australis rage and stoke a fire that should be mostly extinguished by now.

And for those of you uninitiated lurkers, you should know that almost everyone involved in this thread were actively attempting to promote wider conversations and community dissidence about Australis for years before Firefox 29 (when there was still time to do something about changing the course), and have since then contributed to FAQs and software solutions for frustrated users. FOUR YEARS of discussion about Australis on this forum, and 8 months after it's final release pretty much everyone is sick of hearing about it. You are woefully late to a party that pretty much everyone has already stumbled away from and you are trying to pretend like it's still going. Just move on.
Last edited by patrickjdempsey on December 28th, 2014, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

My guess is Anti Australis is the only marketing tool they have left. Certainly they cannot use speed (if they ever could) and now the Firefox 64bit builds are going to become mainstream they have lost that niche. It was all so unnecessary if the pm fanboys had just STFU and remained home this thread and the others that have been locked would not have happened end of story. We actually have a long history of third party builds here and I cannot remember one case where the users of them trolled the forum and made a complete arse of themselves indeed one third party builder used to be a Moderator here.
I cant help thinking the fanboys did more real harm than good to the pm cause. We do get a fair traffic here and are not afraid to say what we think plus we are known for being tech savvy.
"Terry Pratchett"
James

Post by James »

Hmm Moonchild claims mozillaZine forums is just a small insignificant forum now, compared to what his own ahem... forum.

We had no real issues with Pale Moon and its users before as we even used recommended it as one of the alternatives to Firefox over the years. When the Australis came about the PM fan boys came out in force even more and thought it was a bright idea to go about hijacking threads with any mention of Australis (especially during Fx 29.0 Release period) along with their already hijacking of threads mentioning 64-bit or Win64 to suggest to OP and other posters in thread to basically dump Firefox and use PaleMoon instead to avoid Australis or to use a Win64 Firefox. These PM fan boys doing this then could not understand why the mZ regulars got annoyed at them for doing that as they though it was a perfectly fine thing to come here and do. Thanks to these PM fan boys, we have stopped recommending Pale Moon as a alternative and if any PM user comes here trying to sell PM instead of just asking for help, we tell them to get lost and go back to the insignificant Pale Moon forum that few know about compared to mozillaZine.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

James wrote:Hmm Moonchild claims mozillaZine forums is just a small insignificant forum now, compared to what his own ahem... forum.

We had no real issues with Pale Moon and its users before .

I have issues with a few of them. Being the star of a insult thread isn't pleasant.
Post wrangler
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

James wrote:Hmm Moonchild claims

He claims a lot of things..........
"Terry Pratchett"
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

That said, I am beginning to miss trippy. Matt is a coward but trippy, while embarrassing under informed, had true grit.
Post wrangler