Pale Moon has changed its GUID.

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Trippynet

Re: Pale Moon has changed its GUID.

Post by Trippynet »

LoudNoise wrote:This might be true but I doubt it. Your problem seems to be specific to the user interface development. If you really have zero confidence in their development ability then you shouldn't be using Palemood either.

I'll accept you're right on that one and my claim was too broad and hence not fully correct. You're right in that it's the UI design team and general feature team of Fireflop (hey, I can deliberately mis-spell browser names too!) that I lack confidence in. However, I do have a lot of respect for the guys that maintain the Gecko engine (along with SpiderMonkey and such related technologies). Recent tests I saw last year showed that Firefox has caught up with Chrome in terms of performance - not bad given the sluggish Javascript performance that used to hinder it.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Which is what we have been saying from word go :-k . This has happened before and will happen again. All hell broke lose with the UI changes between 3.x to 4.0 (and between two and three for that matter). Themes were made and extensions were written to return features. Those that wanted them used them. If you don't like it, the UI is changeable.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

LoudNoise wrote:I would assume that the changes are so trivial that Matt could change things and make the extensions pseudo. It might be a matter of time management.

Right. For now. As I've mentioned about 10,000 times already, as he makes more and more modifications and drifts further from Firefox 24.0, and as Firefox itself moves further from 24.0, the modifications required to keep old extensions running and new extensions compatible will only increase. We've watched the same thing happen with converting Firefox extensions to run in SeaMonkey to the point where currently the newest extensions designed for the SDK and the Australis customization system aren't going to have proper toolbar buttons in SeaMonkey (or PM for that matter). This is the first dramatic leap in that direction and it won't be the last. Eventually Firefox will be on a completely foreign customization system as they rip out the guts of the old XUL-based system in favor for a (much more complicated, and buggy) JS-based system.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
celtic_superhero

Post by celtic_superhero »

Seamonkey and Vivaldi browser user her (Vivaldi because it still offers more Youtube finetuning than Seamonkey.

When Seamonkey unifies the bar stuff too perhaps Pale Moon would be interesting to check out for me. Vivaldi is cool, but i would love to stay with a Gecko based browser as main browser. And i am no big fan of additional add-ons! Gecko has meant for me always customization options in the browser itself, but that seems to change more and more sadly :(
Matt A. Tobin

Post by Matt A. Tobin »

LoudNoise could you please lock this thread. It isn't being monitored by anyone from the Pale Moon Add-ons Team or the project its self. It was only ment to inform developers and users as it is a matter of tradition that people looking for Mozilla related information would come to this forum.

To anyone else in this thread, If you have any questions or concerns about Pale Moon please use our forums as visits by anyone involved in the Pale Moon project rare these days.

Peace.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Locked at OP's request.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.