Pale Moon has changed its GUID.

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
mightyglydd

Re: Pale Moon has changed its GUID.

Post by mightyglydd »

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Trippynet

Post by Trippynet »

LoudNoise wrote:Apparently, things haven't worked out well. https://addons.palemoon.org/firefox/incompatible/ .

Yeah, a few issues were to be expected unfortunately, although thankfully a majority of extensions are still compatible. Of the six I use, only one of them had any issues. It's worth noting that a number of the extensions on the PM incompatible list have had tweaked versions created that are compatible - AdBlock Plus being a good example.

And on the plus side, it's a new version of PM that's no longer tied to Firefox 24 ESR and it's still free of Australis :D
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Actually, at this point there shouldn't be any -- there hasn't been that much change from V 24. If something as complex as AdBlock is fixed by using a version that still supports 24 and changing GUID then everything else should also.

What is interesting is that only one theme is listed as working. Considering that most of them worked with version 24 I am curious what happened.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Trippynet

Post by Trippynet »

The GUID is indeed the main issue. Some extensions don't reference it at all, so they work fine with no modifications (assuming they don't try to utilise Australis elements of course). A lot of the fixed extensions have been simply corrected by tweaking the GUID in chrome.manifest or bootstrap.js (from what I've read). Hence these can be fixed quite easily, but of course the main drive has been towards trying to get developer support and only resorting to customised versions where this hasn't been successful.

Regarding the themes, I have to confess that I'm not really clued up on this. I was always someone that stuck to the default themes in Firefox and PM. My main customisation needs are a few addons, plus shifting some of the buttons around.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

If the extension was built before V 29, "Australis" shouldn't matter assuming you don't mind being stuck with something that won't be improved. Of course, even those won't work for all that long unless Palemoon is written specifically to maintain support for older extensions.

Did Matt take my suggestion of contacting the extension devs by their listed support email address?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Did Matt take my suggestion of contacting the extension devs by their listed support email address?

I think he is very busy trying to put out a large conflagration
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

That's a polite way of putting it! ;) Custer **** would be more appropriate?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Trying to keep this on a higher moral level than the PM forums :roll:
"Terry Pratchett"
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

malliz wrote:

I think he is very busy trying to put out a large conflagration

Doubtful. He seems to be don't worry, be happy sort of fellow.
Post wrangler
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Apparently not so much 8-[
"Terry Pratchett"
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

The five extensions Trippy uses.work. Who are we to define success?
Post wrangler
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

LoudNoise wrote: Who are we to define success?

Just happy go lucky caballero's :D
"Terry Pratchett"
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Name: Adblock Plus
Type: Extension
Issue: Functions but no menu or toolbar icon
Cause: GUID in bootstrap.js
Workaround: Access options from add-on manager -OR- Use Pseudo-Static version here
Resolution: Pending Developer Response

It should be interesting see if the developer responds. Until such time pretend that this is the real version.
Post wrangler
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Wonder how happy some of the extension devs will be with the amount of unauthorised third party hacking that's going on?
"Terry Pratchett"