Lost my Bookmarks for TorBrowser

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
cutting_edgetech

Lost my Bookmarks for TorBrowser

Post by cutting_edgetech »

I have been backing up my bookmarks by saving a copy of places.sqlite for years. Yesterday I updated to the latest version of the TorBrowser bundle, and when I replaced places.sqlite with the copy I saved before updating TorBrowser it failed to preserve my bookmarks so I lost all of my bookmarks for the Tor Browser bundle. Is this due to changes made by Tor, or due to changes made by Mozilla? Does Firefox still save it's bookmarks in the place.sqlite file in the same way it has in previous versions? I need to roll my machine back tomorrow, and I don't want to loss my bookmarks for Firefox.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Re: Lost my Bookmarks for TorBrowser

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

cutting_edgetech wrote:Does Firefox still save it's bookmarks in the place.sqlite file in the same way it has in previous versions?

Yes, it does.
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Third Party builds since the Tor browser is a modified version of Firefox.

You might to try one of their support channels (IRC seems the best bet) https://www.torproject.org/about/contact.html.en
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
cutting_edgetech

Yes, but I need to know if Firefox changed the way it saves bookmarks recently? Does it still save the bookmarks to places.sqlite? I don't want to loss my bookmarks for Firefox after I roll my computer back. I have always saved a copy of places.sqlite in the past.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

I don't believe there has been any recent changes
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
cutting_edgetech

Ok, thanks you! Saving a copy of places.sqlite should be all I need to save a copy of my bookmarks then.