MozillaZine

Extension to stop Youtube Flash video?

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Slickone

Post Posted November 13th, 2014, 2:52 pm

mightyglydd wrote:
Slickone wrote:FYI, I use FF as well.

@ FYI: https://forum.palemoon.org/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=5883

Thanks

LoveMyFoxy

Post Posted November 13th, 2014, 5:23 pm

Slickone wrote:Flashblock won't work because it uses a whitelist and I don't really want to spend time creating yet another whitelist. A blacklist would work (if it still had the quick click to enable like FB).

Guess I'll try Youtube Center. I was hoping for something simple with no bloat.

Flashblock puts a button on your toolbar, and you can just click to turn it on and off. I've never used the whitelist.
Desktop--Win 7 Ult. 64, 6GB RAM /FF ESR / Thunderbird 52 / Chrome /Opera / Avira A-V / Windows firewall / Verizon FIOS

Frank Lion

Post Posted November 13th, 2014, 6:22 pm

Slickone wrote:I used to use Tubestop, but it's been removed from addons.mozilla.org. There's another one called Stop YouTube Autoplay, but it won't let me install it. There's another called StopTube, but it's only for HTML5 video. Is there a working one for Flash? Is there a workaround to install Stop YouTube Autoplay?

Is there a way to make FF's Click to Play only work on Youtube?

You don't need any extension to do this.

Set Flash to 'Activate' under Plugins in the Addons Manager. When first on YouTube, left click the addressbar favicon and select 'More Infomation' from the dropdown. Then, under Permissions, select 'Always Ask'.

You're done. Click to Play will then only work on YouTube.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Return to Third Party/Unofficial Builds