Gmail add ons breaking

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Muze

Gmail add ons breaking

Post by Muze »

What is going on with the latest versions of FF where I can't have Gmail checking add ons? I was using Gmail Manager for years, which allowed me to have three different mailbox icons for three different accounts. Then that stopped working a few months ago and there was a fork of the add on that fixed it, but then that stopped working. (The problem being that the gmail accounts would no longer be remembered). Now I tried Gmail Checker which isnt as good, but has all three accounts built into one icon. Closing and restarting the browser isn't an issue, but restarting the PC, the icon is gone, I select Options for the add-on in the FF add on area and the browser crashes. Upon restarting, the add on is now just missing. WTF. I'm getting really tired of adding my accounts to these Add ons.
Mashed Buddha - just some music of mine
patrickjdempsey

Re: Gmail add ons breaking

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Do you have Avast? If so, see this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2888507
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Muze

Post by Muze »

Thanks for the response. I do have Avast, but no problem with any other type of add on. I am pretty much switching to Pale Moon. Not saying this is true for everyone, but for me, it's much faster, and my orig Gmail manager works. It's like when I finally broke away from Netscape years ago to Mozilla/Firefox. The only thing missing is FireFTP but the developer of that extension said he will incorporate Pale Moon support.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You do realize that Pale Moon is simply a slightly modified version of Firefox, right?
Muze

Post by Muze »

I know that it's a modified version of Firefox maintaining features I want without adding features I don't want. It works for my needs. Current Firefox doesn't. But nice try.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Off to third party builds since you are not looking for Firefox help.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."