Trying to build SeaMonkey

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
barbaz

Re: Trying to build SeaMonkey

Post by barbaz »

barbaz wrote:
Lemon Juice wrote:I'll try experimenting with official releases for now.

FYI, you won't get quite the same result if you build from a source tarball vs. a cloned comm-release updated to the specific revisions used for building the release. Build from the tarball won't know its own build revisions, which means you don't see them in about:buildconfig and the Nightly Tester Tools add-on partially breaks.
Don't know if you care about that or not.

Sorry, that information appears to be outdated
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1057600
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Lemon Juice wrote:Thanks for the info. It's good to know the first bug was fixed but is it reasonable to expect SM will build on a 32-bit Win7 with 3GB of RAM? I was trying to build SM 2.32 three times and the linking stage failed. If clang won't change anything then I'm not sure if it's worth even trying in my current setup...

I have Win7 64bit quad core Core-i7 with 6GB of RAM (I have 8GB installed but the hardware only recognizes 6GB). Building SeaMonkey nightly causes continuous paging and trashing the HDD but manages to build in the end.

Phil
4td8s

Post by 4td8s »

has anyone tried building a Win64 edition of Seamonkey on 64bit Windows?
The upcoming Firefox 37 release will be offered in both 32bit and 64bit editions for Windows.
ewong

Post by ewong »

Lemon Juice wrote:Thanks for the info. It's good to know the first bug was fixed but is it reasonable to expect SM will build on a 32-bit Win7 with 3GB of RAM? I was trying to build SM 2.32 three times and the linking stage failed. If clang won't change anything then I'm not sure if it's worth even trying in my current setup...

Fwiw.. building on Win7 32bit with 3GB+ isn't going to work anymore.

I can't build for the same reason. Was told by someone that it's not supported anymore.

I'm going to try again, but I'm not holding my breath.

Ed