[FX/TB] MacOSX Builders Unite!

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

A strange problem that happens often the past few days, while using the nightly trunk (Gecko 1.9a1) builds: complete lost focus whne closing a tab

Have a few tabs open. Close the first tab. The next (second) tab is now in front, but nothing in the window has focus ! There is no way to scroll through the page with the keyboard. Tabbing through links is impossible. The tab itself has no focus. But the app, the window is in the foreground.
Clicking anywhere in the page with the pointer restores the focus. Or cycling through the open tabs also restores the focus.

This doesn't happen if I close the last tab.
myzar74

Post by myzar74 »

Any chance that some of you can compile a X86 build ? there's a pre beta 1 around

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/josh/arc ... e_x86.html

a newer branch ver would be cool :)
ankh

Post by ankh »

Go to the home page, then the Mailing List archive

http://mozdev.org/pipermail/greasemonkey/

In the archive, look for mention of and a link for an update, beta, hack, or something -- last time it failed for me I found a v.0.6.2 by doing that, and it's still working (OSX nightlies). There may well be something newer, I don't tend to look until something breaks.

The mailing list seems to be the only contact point, there's no email or home page I can find other than the one at Mozdev.

NOTE: I don't know what I'm talking about, just what I've stumbled across, someone should correct me fairly soon.
Lost User 166223

Post by Lost User 166223 »

furbism.com seems to be down...is there any site where the current builds made by elfurbe are mirrored?

Also, I don't see anywhere any information as to what version of OS X is needed. I tried running elfurbe's G3-optimized Trunk builds on my iBook with 10.2.8, but it doesn't work at all (is it possible for 10.2 support to be added in, then?).
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

rampancy: IIRC elfurbe is building using GCC4 on 10.4, which currently can only build for 10.3 and above. It is possible to build using GCC3.3 to provide 10.2 support though. See what he says...
Old R.Marotta

Greasemonkey in Nightlies

Post by Old R.Marotta »

Check Here, This version works on Firefox 1.5 Beta 1 - http://greaseblog.blogspot.com/
drseuss9311

greaseblog

Post by drseuss9311 »

<b>rmpmw:</b> thanks... i found it after i posted that (and bookmarked it), then forgot to check back here for a few days. Works fine... I've also got Tab Browser Preferences 1.2.8.4
I downloaded the Nightly Tester Tools but I've disabled it for now.
ABP : AiOS : Chatzilla : Customize Google : FireFTP : Flashblock : Greasemonkey : MrTech Toolkit : Coralize (not updated yet) : Context Search : Searchbar Autosizer :: iBookG4
Lost User 117706

Post by Lost User 117706 »

why no new builds lately ?
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

Builds will be sporadic for a while. I switched jobs and I no longer have a tower to do my building on. I'm still searching for a replacement, but until then, my builds all come off my Powerbook, and I don't like building on my Powerbook, as it heats it up quite a bit and it takes a long time. At best, you might see weekly installments, at worst, you might see nothing. I'm doing what I can. Glad to see someone even misses them. :)
cbparker

Post by cbparker »

Your builds are definitely missed. Have you considered turning down the processor speed in energy saver? This should keep things from getting as hot. Another possibility is that you could install Esperance DV, which, it is my understanding, is a disk image that is held in ram. There is an option to move the xcode builds and intermediate files there, which should help with hard drive utilization.

It can be found here
http://www.mparrot.net/index.php?page=freewares&lang=en

or on versiontracker, like everything else.
LordBodak

Post by LordBodak »

elfurbe, your builds are greatly missed!
drseuss9311

update from beta1 to beta2

Post by drseuss9311 »

anyone here using elfurbe's 1.5beta1 have trouble getting the beta2 patch? or do you just get the new .dmg for beta2??

Yesterday I opened ffx and got the beta2 one time homepage but in about it still says beta1....

i also had downloaded the beta1 release from mozilla.org as a backup incase elfurbe's goes awry, so i cracked it open and got the beta2 one time homepage, and in about it said 1.6a1 still...

just wondering if i should fill out a bug i guess.
ABP : AiOS : Chatzilla : Customize Google : FireFTP : Flashblock : Greasemonkey : MrTech Toolkit : Coralize (not updated yet) : Context Search : Searchbar Autosizer :: iBookG4
Lost User 117706

Post by Lost User 117706 »

rc1 for g4 anyone ?
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

I built versions today, but they seem odd. I can't get any of the search plugins to work. No idea why. They're up on my site if you want them:
http://www.furbism.com/firefoxmac
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

elfurbe: We're discussing the same problem in my thread and here in its own thread. I can't seem to track down a bugzilla bug. Perhaps we should file one?