[FX] elfurbe: Nightly [Branch|Trunk/OSX] (G3/G4/G5/Intel)

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Old R.Marotta

Automatic Updates for Opt-Builds....

Post by Old R.Marotta »

Elfurbe;

Am I able to utilize the update feature in FF to get your G5 Build?, And If so, what is the replacement string for DPA2? as in aus-staging:8711 etc...
If not, Is it possible that you add time-stamps to you builds so we can identify which are the latest?
I like to get the freshest builds with bug fixes etc...

;; Ray
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

I only build once a day, at about 1am that day, or so. If you find that my builds are lacking some feature that was checked in during the day, the following day's build should incorporate it, but that's about as good as it gets from me.

You can download the tinderbox builds from cadence, the official tinderbox mac build box, at:
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/ ... US.mac.dmg

That build gets updated nearly hourly, every time cadence does a fresh build of the trunk.
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

I realized I didn't really answer your question there. I don't have any idea how to make firefox check my site for updates, or what that entails on the server side. If you know of some documentation on how to get either of those going, let me know.
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

Old R.Marotta

Automatic Updates for Opt-Builds....

Post by Old R.Marotta »

Don't really know how its done, but I would think that if you modify the APP.Update string in about:config - This string points to the Mozilla Update Server,
It may be possible to just redirect FF to your site for updates? - Don't know...But it is something worth looking into, As the update feature is a nice addition to FF.

;; Ray
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

Well, I found some documentation on it here:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Software_Update:Testing

I'm not sure it's worth the effort to hack it together, since I'm basically providing a complete update every day. I haven't dug into how to generate patches or anything. Are any of the other custom builders providing this sort of thing?
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

2005.08.07/2005.08.08
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

My G5 at work has been repurposed, so as such, I'm out of the G5 business for the moment. I'm looking for a way to continue building G5, but at the moment, I have none. For anyone who was using my G5 build, you'll be tickled pink with Drumsticks' build, which you can find in this thread:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=256517

He's got a mad number of compiler tweaks on his builds, so they're probably faster than mine were anyway. :D

I will continue to release G4/G3 versions until the end of days, though, so stay tuned to this bat-channel if you were using those builds!
ankh

Post by ankh »

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:1.8b4) Gecko/20050812 Firefox/1.0+ (Mac Community Build, ElFurbe) -- THANKS! (Rich text editor posting works again today)
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

elfurbe: I never tried (and didn't really look into it), but I thought you could build for G5 on a G4 machine. Is that right?
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

I think it only works the other way around. My MDD DP1.25 G4 won't build a G5 version, at least.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

Ah right. Fair enough. Well, I'll still be building branch builds until Firefox 1.5 and Thunderbird 1.5 is released.