[FX] elfurbe: Nightly [Branch|Trunk/OSX] (G3/G4/G5/Intel)

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
skier0178

Post by skier0178 »

Can someone go to http://fanball.com/newsbreakers.cfm and tell me if the browser crashes for them as well? Any fanball.com page the lastest build (11/23) goes to crashes it.
skier0178

Post by skier0178 »

skier0178

Post by skier0178 »

The 11/23 build crashes like crazy for me, anyway to get a new one up that my fix some of the crashes?
bobfather

Post by bobfather »

elfurbe: Are you going to do an optimized build of 1.5? It's really just 2005-11-11 (aka RC3).
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

bobfather: elfurbe is mostly a trunk builder (towards FF3). I am happy to provide a complete set of G3/G4/G4+/G5 optimized versions of FF1.5 if there are no objections. I don't want to be stepping on anyone's toes by venturing beyond 'my turf' though...
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

I'm going to roll 1.5 builds for G4/G3. I'm still having the -O3 build problem, even with FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE from CVS. I built with O3 and didn't notice that the search bar was busted again until I was done with my second build, so they're gonna have to wait till tomorrow. They'll be O2, even though it makes me feel very wussy. They'll be posted tomorrow as soon as I get 'em done.
drumsticks

Post by drumsticks »

elfurbe: No worries. Let me know if you need anything...
mento

Post by mento »

elfurbe wrote:I'm going to roll 1.5 builds for G4/G3. I'm still having the -O3 build problem, even with FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE from CVS. I built with O3 and didn't notice that the search bar was busted again until I was done with my second build

That's because bug 317345 hasn't landed on the branch. Feel free to patch locally.
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

Alright, O2 Releases for G4 and G3 up and available!

G3
G4 (7400)
G4 (7450)

These still show up as DeerPark.app, but they're off the FIREFOX_1_5_RELEASE branch. You just get the DeerPark-ness when you don't enable official branding.

I'm weighing the necessity of patching as mento suggests and rebuilding with O3. I think I'll probably run a test build for my own devious ends and try it subjectively against the O2 builds already posted. If I rebuild, I'll let it be known, and I'll badge them differently in the repository so everyone is clear that they're patched.
rpenner

Post by rpenner »

elfurbe: can you check your private messages? I sent you a pm on Tuesday and I would greatly appreciate a reply. Even a simple "No" would be helpful.

-Reinhold
lloydsmart

Post by lloydsmart »

I just downloaded the 7450 build of 1.5 release, but it tells me I'm running Deer Park Alpha 2!

Are these the same thing or is something wrong?

Any help greatly appreciated.
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

lloydsmart wrote:I just downloaded the 7450 build of 1.5 release, but it tells me I'm running Deer Park Alpha 2!

Well, I imagine you're referring to the homepage that shows up. That homepage has told everyone they're using Deer Park Alpha 2 for quite some time, though we've been past it for a good while. If you're worried, Firefox menu -> About Deer Park should say Version 1.5 in nice grey letters.
alangenh

a tab-closing bug

Post by alangenh »

Hi... I'm wondering if anyone else is having the problem where when you close one tab, more than one tab disappears? I've been having it since I started using 1.5 betas in September or so, and I've always been using elfurbe's builds. I thought it was a bug that would go away at some point but it hasn't. I found another G4 optimized build at tuaw.com and decided to give it a try. It seems slower than elfurbe's build, but I haven't seen the tab-closing bug.

I'm thinking maybe it's due to one of the extensions I've installed? Maybe it's a bug or incompatibility in one of my tab extensions? Here are the extensions I'm using:

Adblock plus 0.1.4
Adblock plus Filterset.G Updater 0.2.6
Copy Image 0.3
Forecastfox 0.8.2.5
Greasemonkey 0.6.4
LiveBookmarkThis 0.3
Slim Extension List 0.3.1
SwiftTabs 0.3.2.2
undoclosetab 20050817
Word Count 0.3

I'll probably try turning off the tab extensions and see if I can figure it out, but I really don't want to live without them. :P Does anyone know if there's an extension other than SwiftTabs that will let me customize the keypress to switch between tabs?
lloydsmart

Post by lloydsmart »

elfurbe wrote:
lloydsmart wrote:I just downloaded the 7450 build of 1.5 release, but it tells me I'm running Deer Park Alpha 2!

Well, I imagine you're referring to the homepage that shows up. That homepage has told everyone they're using Deer Park Alpha 2 for quite some time, though we've been past it for a good while. If you're worried, Firefox menu -> About Deer Park should say Version 1.5 in nice grey letters.

Great, thanks for clearing that up. :)
elfurbe

Post by elfurbe »

About that time. New Trunks. Enjoy!