64-bit Palemood problems

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
jbmain

64-bit Palemood problems

Post by jbmain »

This is the first time in over a year i have posted anything on this forum and the complaint is the same. I am not a technical person and the alphabetic soup of letters used by other forum users leaves me very confused. But then again i am getting old.What my beef is that the 64 bit version of Pale Moon does not work and continues to freeze, hang and to put it mildly i think Mozilla needs to address problems with its various browsers before embarking on other projects. I have been using Firefox for nearly 10 years, later upgrading to Pale Moon via Waterfox. To put it simply it does not work in Windows 7. Im not sure what the cause is but its not all Flash Player. There are incompatibility issues with Microsoft, either by accident or by design by MS. Im not an engineer i only know what i see and feel around whats been occurring in the past 3 years. I have now gone over to Chrome and its 100% better than fiddling around with Pale Moon hangs and freezes.Problems seem to occur after i have used my hotmail account and go into MSN news. Bang withing seconds it hangs on my. Why i do not know but even after deleting Adobe Flash Player it still goes unresponsive and freezes ! I am very loyal by nature but i cannot support a product that continues to deny there is a basic problem within its coding. I know when something is wrong and something is wrong within Mozilla. Sorry to post this.
Grantius

Re: Yes! 64-bit Firefox for Windows on its way

Post by Grantius »

>the 64 bit version of Pale Moon does not work and continues to freeze, hang and to put it mildly i think Mozilla needs to address problems with its various browsers before embarking on other projects

Uh, PAlemoon isn't Mozilla's product. Stick to the official builds if you want support
Micro gaming box: AMD A10-7800 APU, 8gb RAM M350 ITX case (size of a book), Windows 10/Ubuntu
Tablet/Laptop: Asus Transformer T100, Intel Atom 2GB RAM, Windows 10 x86
Mobile:Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro
LoudNoise

Re: 64-bit Palemood

Post by LoudNoise »

Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
James

Re: 64-bit Palemood problems

Post by James »

jbmain wrote:i think Mozilla needs to address problems with its various browsers before embarking on other projects. I have been using Firefox for nearly 10 years, later upgrading to Pale Moon via Waterfox.

PaleMoon and WaterFox are third-party builds made by different authors that have no relation to mozilla.org. One can take the source of a version and build Firefox themselves however one cannot use the Firefox name and icons without permission as to why PaleMoon/WaterFox use different names and icons.

If all goes well Mozilla will have Win64 builds for Firefox 41.0 Release so these so called third-partyWin64 builds will no longer be able to claim to be a better option for 64-bit Windows users due to being Win64.

Also Pale Moon as of 26 will no longer use the familiar Gecko engine that the Mozilla related stuff like Firefox uses but a rendering engine called Goanna