firefox saving data in appdata local temp..

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
delicacy

firefox saving data in appdata local temp..

Post by delicacy »

For some strange reason, firefox saves data here:

C:\Users\1\AppData\Local\Temp
"C:\Users\(userprofile)\AppData\Local\Temp"

so if i go to tools, clear data & have "cache" selected, it won't take care of the folder's content above .. .
& i don't know how to avoid that behavior..
JayhawksRock

Re: firefox saving data in appdata local temp..

Post by JayhawksRock »

That is Windows created and saved data, not Firefox
https://encrypted.google.com/search?sit ... UorminTDro
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

you're absolutely right jay, despite the fact, you're ignoring that i clearly mentioned firefox saves data in that folder..
i can decide to open a file from firefox automatically after the download, like zip files & they will go to that folder.
& in that folder, i have folders like
mozilla-temp-files
plugtmp
therube

Post by therube »

firefox saves data here:

C:\Users\1\AppData\Local\Temp
"C:\Users\(userprofile)\AppData\Local\Temp"
Not sure where you mention of "here" pertains to?

There are files that may end up %TMP% (aka C:\Users\(userprofile)\AppData\Local\Temp).

Oh, you're showing the actual name \1\ in your case, & the "generic" name \(userprofile)\ in the second.
Gotcha.

And yes anything in %TMP% is different from "/cache/" & so is unaffected by clearing cache.
Theoretically, when you close FF, files it created in %TMP% should go away.
Possible that they persist - for whatever reason? Sure.

Downloads Aren't Going Where They Say They Are
Force Folder "mozilla-temp-files" to a Ramdisk?
Bug 69938 - Downloads are stored in $TMPDIR|$TMP|$TEMP|/tmp first and then moved to the selected path only after the download finishes / location is selected
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

I'm lost therube, could it be because of opendownload addon that would overide temp data location ?..
if noone knows why firefox does it, do you know an addon that would allow clearing data in other locations ?
or a (greasemonkey) script ?
James

Post by James »

You mean PaleMoon is doing this and not Firefox
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

you keep assuming it's palemoon james.. i may remind you that i'm using both browsers & my firefox profile is affected, i haven't mentioned palemoon.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Your are posting with palemood and seem to be more than usually whiny so that is an easy conclusion to come to.

I would assume that your are using the same profile for palemood and Fx. Things have changed between Fx 24 and 43.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

i'm moody ? you can see through your computer as well, as much as being obsessed with which browser i'm browsing the site ? & does that mean i'm not reporting a firefox issue because i'm opened palemoon ?
my suggestion if you have nothing more productive & consistent to do is to close the topic, since you know everything, you may even be living by my side, since you know which browser i use & which browser is affected.

just show the community your productivity & let's move on to make sure this isn't resolved in the community.

the one who's moody, is the one who's obsessed & follows me everywhere cause i have a second browser based on firefox as well & twists its name by calling it "palemood" with as much unproductivity & sandbox negativism as possible when he has free time.. that's how u contribute to the site.

there's a difference between adapting responses to obsessive vain remarks & being moody.
i'm not here to soap ur back if u jump on mine like a troll each time i report a firefox issue,
because i use 2 browsers as well.

anyways, since you resumed & resolved the issue, it's closing time.

don't forget to follow me next time you see one of my posts & type "palemood", dear troll.

it will help everyone else. note: this issue has also been reported & index by google in different sites & remained unresolved,
& no, to my regret, it wasn't palemooD users, dear troll.

sleep well.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Drunk I would suspect from this post.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

assumptive sandbox mockery.. time to grow up.
Last edited by delicacy on January 5th, 2016, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

What is a sanbox?

-----
An edit :) Everyone can see this :)

That said, what is an assumptive sandbox?
Post wrangler
therube

Post by therube »

Wiki: Temporary folder or temporary directory.

That some FF files may end end up there, just happens to be.
If FF does not delete the files automatically (like after some period of time, or action, or on close), then they will remain.
And there is nothing in FF that will "clean" %TMP%.
What is in there, what happens to be left behind in there, is generally of no value.
So if there is nothing in there that you need, delete what's there.
You can do it manually, with a batch file, or some program that will clear it out.

Do note other programs will use %TMP% too, so arbitrarily wiping everything out may not be the best way to go about it.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

i ended up with 1gb of data in that folder therube.. & i rarely use ie, only when ff cannot display html content that was especially create for ie,
i guess that if i have many files there that i open from ff, it's because once ff passed the file to the windows memory, windows is relayed for temporary files
& i end up with those files in that folder, even if it's opened in ff. but what i find strange is still those folders that ff still create here..
mozilla-temp-files
plugtmp

well, for mozilla-temp files, i found out that ff started to do it after a certain update:
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r279095 ... What-is-it

& another folder with files i opened goes there too, called:
mozOpenDownload

Since i rarely use ie & i need all those leftovers cleaned, & don't want batch files + alternatively the cler data function of firefox, i need a way to cumulate both tasks,
maybe with a script or addon.. i have to keep looking on that matter..

thx for ur infos therube.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

delicacy wrote: i have a second browser based on firefox
Would that be the one that you've used to make every post here since you stopped using Firefox after version 29 ?
#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.