userstyle issue

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
delicacy

userstyle issue

Post by delicacy »

I've set this style for my library manager (menubar/history/show all history)

for some reason, when i select text, the text itself is supposed to turn from my personalized blue color to "white", & it doesn't .. .

#placesList .tree-bodybox, #contentView .tree-bodybox { background-color: #FFFFFF !important; }
#placesList treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(selected), #contentView treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(selected) { color: #ffffff !important; }
#placesList treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text, #contentView treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text { color: #020944 !important; }
#placesList treechildren::-moz-tree-row(selected), #contentView treechildren::-moz-tree-row(selected) { background-color: #2673c1 !important; }

any clue ?
delicacy

Re: userstyle issue

Post by delicacy »

nobody ?
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

"You are receiving this notification because you are watching the topic,
"userstyle issue" at "mozillaZine Forums". This topic has received a reply
by mightyglydd since your last visit. You can use the following link to
view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit
the topic.

If you want to view the newest post made since your last visit, click the
following link:

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... e=14546423
"
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

My guess would be that mighty deleted his post after you were notified. Might have posted in the wrong thread, decided his advice didn't work, etc.

The reason your code "doesn't work" is becaause userChrome and Stylish styles are applied "last come best served".

So, you say "make the selected text white" and then say "make the text blue". So it's going to always be blue, even when it's selected, because the "all text" rule trumps by being after the selected rule. Just flip the order of the all text and selected text rule.

Code: Select all

#placesList .tree-bodybox, #contentView .tree-bodybox { background-color: #FFFFFF !important; }
#placesList treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text, #contentView treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text { color: #020944 !important; }
#placesList treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(selected), #contentView treechildren::-moz-tree-cell-text(selected) { color: #ffffff !important; }
#placesList treechildren::-moz-tree-row(selected), #contentView treechildren::-moz-tree-row(selected) { background-color: #2673c1 !important; }
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

Thanks a lot smsmith, but i had already fixed it. i was so tormented about it that i played with the code many times, by removing & reading lines & it finally worked out, even at mozilla support,
3 guys weren't able to tell me what i needed to know & why it didn't work & you've just explained me, something i had finally realized too, which is that style codes "orders" affect results.