Fails to resolve URL: ihr://play/live/4748

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
cram66

Fails to resolve URL: ihr://play/live/4748

Post by cram66 »

Brix Celeron 2708 Ubuntu 14.04 FF45 PM26 URL login page username password fields (ihr://play/live/4748)
http://khvhradio.iheart.com/

Firefox 45 Linux
Attempt to stream "Listen Live" iHeart radio. Click button on Login and get error: "script void '0' "
Login ID page inert, will not open

Same page on PM 26 - click on "Listen Live" button and get error msg:
The address wasn't understood
Pale Moon doesn't know how to open this address, because the protocol (ihr) isn't associated with any program.
You might need to install other software to open this address.

-----------------------------------------
The above process will run on Ubuntu 14.04 FF45 on an Intel C2D Q8400 - opens login accepts input and streams audio - rec w/ FOSS
The above process will run on XP Pro in V-Box in the C2D q8400 using FF38ESR browser - opens login accepts input and streams audio
The above process will run on XP-Home w/ AMD Athalon 2x64 using PM26 inside SandboxIE - opens login and streams audio rec w/ audacity
The above process will run on Win7-Pro AMD A8 FF45/PM26 Inside SandboxIE - opens login accepts input and streams audio rec w/ audacity

I use the above iHeart address as an example. all iHeart logins from all cities behave the same. The one system that will not resolve this login process is the Brix Intel Celeron 2708 using the same browsers, the same extensions.

Ublock Origin
Noscript (scripts allowed for this test)
Ghostery (blocking paused for this test)
Better Privacy
Random Agent (set to default DT for this test)
Privacy Badger
Disconnect
Google Disconnect

I'd like to get all my Linux boxes working with FOSS recording utility so I can drop all further need for windows. I know it works on Ubuntu on the old C2D, so why doesn't it run on the newer Celeron which is very similar?
http://itsfoss.com/record-streaming-audio/
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Fails to resolve URL: ihr://play/live/4748

Post by malliz »

What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
DanRaisch

Re: Fails to resolve URL: ihr://play/live/4748

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Third Party Builds.