Custom Firefox Builds Needed

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
iceninexp

Custom Firefox Builds Needed

Post by iceninexp »

Hey there;

I'm wondering the best place to find someone to compile some custom Firefox builds. I'm responsible for a legacy web application that needs an older mozilla source and simply don't have the resources to compile everything I need.

What I'm looking for:

Support for Windows XP through Windows 10 (32 bit and 64 bit..probably just need the 32bit?) and Mac OS X
Custom launch icon
Support for Adobe Flash
Updating of the browser disabled.
Setting the default start page
Restricted domains. The user will just be using the browser with the application

Should I just go out and look at the freelancing sites or is there a better option?

All information appreciated!

Thanks!
Last edited by iceninexp on November 29th, 2016, 9:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
isaacschemm

Re: Custom Firefox Builds Needed

Post by isaacschemm »

It might be hard to find people who are familiar with SeaMonkey and have the time to help.
How old a mozilla source do you need?
barbaz

Post by barbaz »

iceninexp

Post by iceninexp »

libertyernie wrote:It might be hard to find people who are familiar with SeaMonkey and have the time to help.
How old a mozilla source do you need?
Sorry, that was a typo. Firefox builds are what are needed. As barbaz linked to I tried the SeaMonkey forums and the basic suggestion I got was to look for Firefox devs.

I'm thinking probably 3 or 4 years old. I'll do some testing and have a more accurate version shortly.

Definitely willing to pay something for the builds which is why I mentioned looking at freelancing sites. I just thought it might be faster to ask in a forum dedicated to what I'm trying to get done. :D
iceninexp

Post by iceninexp »

Firefox 10.0.12.0 ESR seems to work for everything I need.