Firefox Light Uninstall Issues

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Kophi

Firefox Light Uninstall Issues

Post by Kophi »

There was another thread about this, titled "Light, a light firefox" (http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... &start=270), but when I posted that I was having the same issues as the OP, I got an email saying my post was disapproved because it was "Off Topic". Not sure how that could be the case, but I figured I would start a thread on the topic so that my post on that topic would be, you know, on topic:

The original issue of the original thread, is exactly like my issue here, and was stated as follows:
bookbear wrote:I have a problem with UNinstalling Light... it simply will NOT uninstall, keeps giving an error message saying that the uninstaller is not valid. The original installation files were downloaded from SourceForge directly. I am running Win10, no viruses or malware, and everything else is functioning properly. I can't even copy and paste the error message, but it starts with "Installer Integrity Check Has Failed."
I had originally replied to that post in the original thread, indicating I was having the same problem, and inquiring about any solutions to said problem. My inquiry never saw the light of day over there, so hopefully it will here.

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to uninstall Firefox Light! :)
Kophi

Re: Firefox Light Uninstall Issues

Post by Kophi »

*bump* (13 days and 115 views later :D)

Any takers? Thoughts? Insights? Advice?

I mean, if Firefox Light is simply a botched experiment that no one wants to talk about, I get that, but advice on how to be rid of it would be wonderful.

-
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Firefox Light was the work of an independent developer, not Mozilla. Uninstalling it is as simple as deleting the program directory into which the .exe file was installed. If you are using another version of Firefox, you would keep the profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox ) unless you had created a separate profile for use with Firefox Light, in which case you could delete that profile as well.
Kophi

Post by Kophi »

DanRaisch wrote:Firefox Light was the work of an independent developer, not Mozilla.

True, which is why I figured it would be best to post this question in the Third Party/Unofficial Builds sub-forum.
Uninstalling it is as simple as deleting the program directory into which the .exe file was installed. If you are using another version of Firefox, you would keep the profile ( http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox ) unless you had created a separate profile for use with Firefox Light, in which case you could delete that profile as well.

Awesome, thank you!!
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

You're welcome.