Waterfox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
fxfan313

Waterfox

Post by fxfan313 »

I know this is a Firefox board but are we allowed to discuss Waterfox here?

I'm looking at November, of course, and the possible demise of TabMixPlus and NoSquint Plus among others. I understand Waterfox will support "legacy" extensions. What I'd like to ask is whether Waterfox will import all extensions, bookmarks, passwords, customizations, and whatever else. Would it be a more or less seamless transition? Should I start working with it now? Please discuss your experiences with Waterfox. And if this is not the place, just delete this and no hard feelings. Thanks.
smsmith

Re: Waterfox

Post by smsmith »

It copies the profile that is named "Default Profile" or "Default User". Something like that. It doesn't necessarily copy the profile that you may be using. I don't know if there is a way to control what profile is imported. Might have more info on their website. if not, you might be able to create your own profile from the old by following this article.

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

Haven't used it enough to know much about it.

And yes, you've hit on the right place for this topic.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.