Offtopic Pale moon fanboy post from [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Trapperman

Offtopic Pale moon fanboy post from [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Post by Trapperman »

@pag77
Would you PLEASE consider porting your talents to Pale Moon, where sanity still rules & all your current extensions still function.

You are a very talented developer. It would be a shame to throw away everything you've accomplished so far. Hordes of dissatisfied FF57 users are dumping FF now & migrating to Pale Moon. You'd be most welcome there.
pag77

Re: [EXT] Download Manager (S3)

Post by pag77 »

Trapperman
Download Manager (S3) normal works on PaleMoon
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

pag77 wrote:Trapperman
Now you have spoilt his Fanboy shtick :D
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Trapperman

Post by Trapperman »

Well, I was thinking more about long term viability. Sure, your extensions mostly work today with Pale Moon, but that won't necessarily be the case down the road long term without continued extension development & support. I'm using 3-4 of your extensions for several years now in Pale Moon & love them (with 1 exception detailed below), which proves my point about the need for continued XUL platform support, if your work is going to be usable / viable into the future.
I've uninstalled Download Manager (S3) several months ago because it started creating all sorts of problems. This extension has started causing problems with downloads... a lot of downloads stop half way, seem to be stuck, and never complete. A lot of web pages saved as .maff are ruined, they are saved as blank pages with no content. I'm not the only one experiencing these issues... the last 6-12 pages in this extension's mozillaZine forum finds a lot of people having these exact same issues. These issues seem to have developed near the end of your XUL extension development, when the deadline for FF 57 & it's upcoming web extensions format was closing in.

Disabling and / or uninstalling Download Manager (S3) solved all my broken / saved .maff files problems and also solved the broken download issues for me. That's why I can foresee the same fate for your other extensions, sooner or later, as browser development evolves.

Please reconsider your continued support for XUL. There's a huge market for your talents out there, and the market is growing quickly, now that FF 57 has landed & people are abandoning FF for Pale Moon... a browser that is what FF used to be & what the world fell in love with for years and years, before mozilla lost their collective minds.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

now that FF 57 has landed & people are abandoning FF for Pale Moon... a browser that is what FF used to be & what the world fell in love with for years and years, before mozilla lost their collective minds.
Don't make Fanboy statements on these forums without proof
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Trapperman

Post by Trapperman »

malliz wrote:
now that FF 57 has landed & people are abandoning FF for Pale Moon... a browser that is what FF used to be & what the world fell in love with for years and years, before mozilla lost their collective minds.
Don't make Fanboy statements on these forums without proof
LOL... sometimes the true fanboys make it too easy.

You want proof... go to the Pale Moon forum & count the number of new members posting with 1-2-3 posts, all dated from right after FF 57 landed. And make sure you read their comments.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Do a search here for people who tried PM and left in dismay then leave
"Terry Pratchett"