Special versions of Firefox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
tete009

About tbind.exe

Post by tete009 »

Hello.
Tbind.exe is not a program for preloading the modules.

The modules of my builds have been rebased by ReBase.Exe, etc.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... rebase.asp

Tbind.exe 'binds' the modules. For more information, please see BindImageEx's Remarks.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... mageex.asp

But I cannot feel the modules are loaded faster after binding in my environment (Athlon XP 2500+, Windows 2000)...
macaddict01

Post by macaddict01 »

These builds seem pretty fast to me! Everything is stable so far as well. Thanks for the effort.
DFI NF4 SLI Expert | Opteron 165 CCBBE 0616 XPMW (9x325HTT=2.9Ghz) | 2x1GB G.Skill HZ (3-4-4-8-12-16-2T) | Lite-On 165H6S DVD/CD Recorder | Geforce 7300GT | All SATA Drives | Antec 650 Trio PSU | XP SP2
kingsparrow

Post by kingsparrow »

thanks for this built. Seems to be as fast as Mmoy's 1.0.7. fast and stable. Don't you do a seamonkey browser only?
macaddict01

Post by macaddict01 »

Only problem I'm seeing right now is when Tbird or Firefox has been minimized, the restore is slower than usual. Memory is being swapped?
DFI NF4 SLI Expert | Opteron 165 CCBBE 0616 XPMW (9x325HTT=2.9Ghz) | 2x1GB G.Skill HZ (3-4-4-8-12-16-2T) | Lite-On 165H6S DVD/CD Recorder | Geforce 7300GT | All SATA Drives | Antec 650 Trio PSU | XP SP2
bloodykiss

Post by bloodykiss »

Don't use tbind.exe, but your builds are great! Runs very fast, I like them :)
whiskydean

Post by whiskydean »

I tried your G7 trunk and its amazing: It loads fast as hell and its 7-9 % faster than the fastest fx I had on my machine (scragz rendering test, PentiumM, 1.7 Mhz, 1GB, WinXPSP2).

One thing here: Java does not work. I tried all kinds of installation, but no success (J2SE RE 5.0 Update 6).

But this is a small thing compared to the advantages. Great work! It's my reference browser from now on.
"Bury me under the bar"
adamlau

Post by adamlau »

So for G7 builds...Replace with G7 private build DLLs *and* mmx2 for P4 systems? Or replace with G7 DLLs *only*? What about for P3 systems...?
NetBSD 64-bit + Xfce
ArchLinux 64-bit + JWM
tete009

Post by tete009 »

kingsparrow wrote:Don't you do a seamonkey browser only?

I have no plans to build SeaMonkey for now.

macaddict01 wrote:Only problem I'm seeing right now is when Tbird or Firefox has been minimized, the restore is slower than usual. Memory is being swapped?

I usually use my Fx 1.5 build on my PC (Windows 2000 SP4, 512MB), but I have never seen the problem...

whiskydean wrote:Java does not work. I tried all kinds of installation, but no success (J2SE RE 5.0 Update 6).

On my PC, my Fx 1.5 and Trunk can run Java applets though I had installed the same Java environment..

adamlau wrote:So for G7 builds...Replace with G7 private build DLLs *and* mmx2 for P4 systems? Or replace with G7 DLLs *only*? What about for P3 systems...?

For P4 systems, *and* is the best because MMX+ is contained within SSE by Intel.
Similarly, the combination of "g6" and "mmx2" is the best for P3.

By the way, Enhanced 3DNow! includes MMX+, too.
xaueious

Post by xaueious »

I will give this build a shot, especially your Thunderbird build

If you want to figure out what extensions your CPU supports, download WCPUID or a similar CPU identification program. It will tell you what extensions your CPU supports. Then you can just choose then :)

tete009 wrote:Hello.
Tbind.exe is not a program for preloading the modules.

The modules of my builds have been rebased by ReBase.Exe, etc.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... rebase.asp

Tbind.exe 'binds' the modules. For more information, please see BindImageEx's Remarks.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us ... mageex.asp

But I cannot feel the modules are loaded faster after binding in my environment (Athlon XP 2500+, Windows 2000)...

When you say modules, are you referring to the DLL files? I am not very literate at these things.

---------

Is it possible to bind, lets say, other builds to your DLL files?
tete009

Post by tete009 »

xaueious wrote:When you say modules, are you referring to the DLL files?

When I say <q>rebase</q> the modules are DLL files.
When <q>bind</q> they are DLL and EXE files.

xaueious wrote:Is it possible to bind, lets say, other builds to your DLL files?

I cannot recommend it because I modified my C/C++ run-time libraries and I made some functions inline.
If using the files of different builds together, this may create unexpected errors.
XuMiX

Post by XuMiX »

Is there any UNbinder ?
whiskydean

Post by whiskydean »

New Tete builds of 1.5 + DLLs are out now: http://www1.plala.or.jp/tete009/en-US/h ... l#Y2005_12

I tried the G7 version and guess what: It's faster than the (very fast) previous build. Great work!
"Bury me under the bar"
tete009

Post by tete009 »

XuMiX wrote:Is there any UNbinder ?

There is no unbinder.
The module binding is not very important for using my builds. Therefore you don't have to do that.
tete009

Post by tete009 »

whiskydean wrote:I tried the G7 version and guess what: It's faster than the (very fast) previous build. Great work!

Much obliged to you! :)
Old UliBär

Post by Old UliBär »

I like your new build very, very much!
It combines the smoothness of the stipe builds with the snappiness of the pigfoot builds.
From my side very much appreciated! Thank you! :mrgreen: