[Fx/Tb/SM/Sb] [Linux x86_64] [Trunk/Branch] Autofox IV

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
nbi

Re: [Fx/Tb/SM/Sb] [Linux x86_64] [Trunk/Branch] Autofox IV

Post by nbi »

TheBarbarian wrote:
nbi wrote:Thanks for making these 64 bit builds available.

Unfortunately the "import" feature appears to be broken on both the latest firefox and thunderbird 64 bit builds.
This is a fairly serious problem as most folks are looking at 64 bit builds from the perspective of migrating away from 32 bit.
We definitely do not want to re-enter everything manually. #-o

Do you need to import? I just kept using the same profile from 32-bit.

Yes, I do. There is no profile that covers program settings, account settings, and migration of email. That's exactly what import was intended to do. Without it migrating all these items becomes a real PITA.
nbi

Re: [Fx/Tb/SM/Sb] [Linux x86_64] [Trunk/Branch] Autofox IV

Post by nbi »

nbi wrote:
TheBarbarian wrote:
nbi wrote:Thanks for making these 64 bit builds available.

Unfortunately the "import" feature appears to be broken on both the latest firefox and thunderbird 64 bit builds.
This is a fairly serious problem as most folks are looking at 64 bit builds from the perspective of migrating away from 32 bit.
We definitely do not want to re-enter everything manually. #-o

Do you need to import? I just kept using the same profile from 32-bit.

Yes, I do. There is no profile that covers program settings, account settings, and migration of email. That's exactly what import was intended to do. Without it migrating all these items becomes a real PITA.

Well I got through most of it. Wasn't as bad as it used to be.

Now if I could only get some decent fonts for Firefox & Thunderbird. Displayed content is not a problem, it's the application fonts that are hideous under Debian lenny.