I need many, many TEST PILOTS (for an experimental build)!!!

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Kasteo

Post by Kasteo »

No problem found yet after using it for 24hours. It seem the startup time is much faster than mmoy, FireFox-2004-05-03-Pentium4A. I will keep testing it and will let you know any problems I found.
Noia 2.0 theme for Firefox & Thunderbird
- Compaq Presario 2190US, 2.4GHz, 1024MB DDR RAM, 40GB 5400rpm HDD.
- Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Gecko/20040925 Firefox/0.10 (MOOX M3)
fivecat

Post by fivecat »

Celeron 2.20 GHz-WinXP SP1
Very stable, and fast. After much browsing- No problems that aren't already in the known bug list.
triceo

Post by triceo »

P4-C 2.4Ghz HT/800Mhz FSB (ticking a bit higher :))
512MB RAM
XP SP1

after some brief testing, everything seems just ok and really, really much faster than e.g. darkstar's builds...
seems like a good work to me...
Lukas "triceo" Petrovicky
CZilla project (http://www.czilla.cz/)
triceo

Post by triceo »

however, there might be a problem with displaying website's sourcecode.
this is the first build where I noticed such problem (I've ben using 20040505 official until this moox's experimental).

you click on "view page source", then the source code window shows up. the source code then displays and hides again (in a few milliseconds, it's just a flash). then you have to wait for one or two seconds and the source code gets displayed permanently.
Lukas "triceo" Petrovicky
CZilla project (http://www.czilla.cz/)
raananb

Post by raananb »

Big rendering (?) problems with site below: a page with blanks, reload creates other blank areas.
http://www.cegetel.fr/res/adsl/offres/d ... index2.php
Athlon XP1600+
Windows XP Home Sp1 Up to date
20040507 Firefox/0.8.0+ (MOOX)

Edit: same problems with 20040507 Firefox/0.8.0+ (Lohvarn)

No problems with IE
trooper21

Post by trooper21 »

raananb wrote:Big rendering (?) problems with site below: a page with blanks, reload creates other blank areas.
http://www.cegetel.fr/res/adsl/offres/d ... index2.php
Athlon XP1600+
Windows XP Home Sp1 Up to date
20040507 Firefox/0.8.0+ (MOOX)

Edit: same problems with 20040507 Firefox/0.8.0+ (Lohvarn)

No problems with IE

works for me, no prob faced. using 1024x768 resolution
raananb

Post by raananb »

Sorry, that was Adblock killing images...
Georg

Post by Georg »

Goog morning,

this Build works fine here on a P4 @ 3.5 GHz. It's fast, stable and doesn't make any problems.

Edit: This Build crashes, when I write an adress in the adress field...the previous Build with P4 in the name doesn't.
Regards Georg
Firefox/1.0 de / Java 1.5.0_01 / WinXP Pro SP2
Arcor DSL 3000 / 384
moox

Post by moox »

Triceo wrote
you click on "view page source", then the source code window shows up. the source code then displays and hides again (in a few milliseconds, it's just a flash). then you have to wait for one or two seconds and the source code gets displayed permanently.

Thanks for the feedback. I can duplicate that problem, not sure what is going on, but I will look into it.

Georg wrote
Edit: This Build crashes, when I write an adress in the adress field...the previous Build with P4 in the name doesn't.

Do you mean if you manually type a URL in the address bar? If that is the case I cannot duplicate the problem on my system.

raananb
That page renders fine on my system. Maybe try clearing your cache.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

triceo wrote:however, there might be a problem with displaying website's sourcecode.
this is the first build where I noticed such problem (I've ben using 20040505 official until this moox's experimental).

I see this behaviour as well, not just on the source code view but also on pretty much all webpages. They flicker on then vanish. Moving the mouse around shows that the underlying stuff is there but it takes a couple of seconds to show up. I thought this was due to #242856, but having re-read the bug report I'm not so sure.

Mossop
xebechene

Post by xebechene »

This test build seems to be a little faster at displaying pictures.
Essentially tested on www.hebus.com (wallpaper website).

Win 2k3, P4 2Ghz, DDR 256MB
Georg

Post by Georg »

moox wrote:Georg wrote

Do you mean if you manually type a URL in the address bar? If that is the case I cannot duplicate the problem on my system.

Yes, I mean that, but maybe it's an incompatibilty with the actually used Build. We'll see the future builds. :)
Regards Georg
Arcor DSL 3000 / 384
yahoolian

Post by yahoolian »

In theory, the code fixes from mmoy will only be used on SSE2 enabled CPUs, such as P4 or A64. Nonetheless, the build will also work on AXPs and likely other CPUs as well. We (mmoy & I) are looking for feedback from users of any CPU, but especially P4 and A64.

Do you mean SSE? SSE2 is only supported on Prescott P4s right now.

Posted: Sat 8th May 2004 7:18am
triceo wrote:
however, there might be a problem with displaying website's sourcecode.

I see this behaviour as well, not just on the source code view but also on pretty much all webpages. They flicker on then vanish. Moving the mouse around shows that the underlying stuff is there but it takes a couple of seconds to show up. I thought this was due to #242856, but having re-read the bug report I'm not so sure.

What works for me is going to about:config and setting nglayout.initialpaint.delay to 50. Depending on your connection speed, your optimal value may be higher or lower. You basically want this value as low as possible, while still avoiding the problem.
Last edited by yahoolian on May 8th, 2004, 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Georg

Post by Georg »

yahoolian wrote:Do you mean SSE? SSE2 is only supported on Prescott P4s right now.

SSE2 is also supported by P4 Nortwood. :D
Regards Georg
Arcor DSL 3000 / 384
Dave88

Post by Dave88 »

Yeah P4 Northwood & Athlon64 has SSE2

Prescott has SSE3